Home

Must Have Fixes for Patch #2

This is a discussion on Must Have Fixes for Patch #2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2009, 08:54 AM   #1
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Icon1 Must Have Fixes for Patch #2

After spending the last two weeks working with the sliders, I've come to the conclusion that there are certain things that just can't be fixed. I'll go through the list I've accumulated, then others can sound off on whether they've experienced the same thing or have other items they believe are more pressing.

1. The CPU blitzes too much. Worse, it blitzes more when it gets behind which just causes a bad situation to get worse for it.

2. QB's will throw into coverage, even double coverage when pressured instead of tacking the sack, tucking the ball and running, or even throwing it away. This leads to an exceptionally high interception rate.

3. Interception slider cannot stop all interceptions. When the interception slider is set to 0, then it should be impossible to make an interception. Instead, CB's can still make INTs at alarming rates (even with high QB accuracy / WR catching). Interceptions need tuned such that the gamer can have control of them properly via the sliders.

4. Weather conditions have an alarming affect on fumbles. The weather is definitely going to have an affect on games, but the amount of fumbles caused by weather is completely out of balance with what's seen in a typical NFL game. We can control Fumbles via the fumble slider, but if you tune it for weather conditions then you never see fumbles in clear weather conditions, and if you tune it for clear weather conditions you see too many fumbles in rainy/snow conditions. The rainy/snow effects on fumbles needs to be tuned down to about half of whatever they are currently set.

5. The offsides and false starts penalties need to be more sensitive. Even at 100 on both you rarely see a false start (maybe 1 every 3 games on 15 minute quarters) and I have yet to see an offsides penalty ever. Offsides need to be tuned so penalties actually occur at times.

Are there others I left out?

These aren't really big changes. They should all be configuration changes. If these changes were made it would allow us to create more realistic sliders and a more realistic gameplay for offline franchises.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2009, 08:59 AM   #2
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Must Have Fixes for Patch #2

I actually, have not had any of these problems. On last year's madden, I threw 3-4 interceptions for every touchdown I threw, but this year, I throw very few and my defense has very few, and actually, we are last in the league in takeaways. I also have no problems with fumbles, or qb's throwing into coverage. I am running vaibhavp3's sliders now with some tweaks made to them, and game plays just like it should. I have played with playmaker's and steeler's sliders, but never had the issues you are talking about, I rarely throw interceptions unless its just a bad decision on my part, like I threw one last night way over the head of jason witten and it landed right in the safety's breadbasket.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:08 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

If I run the same play over and over against the computer they should make adjustments to take that play away... I don't do this, but I've tried it just to see how the computer reacts if I throw the same post over the middle and very seldom to they stop it.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:15 AM   #4
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

ok list but how does that really make the game better every game

how about

Qb's pass to their best players like the pros, maybe 6 catches to fitz a game maybe

Rb's run more aggressive and maybe a guy like turner drop his pads to finish a run instead of running out of bounds

cpu recognising the first down marker and get to it aggressively when passing and running

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 11-03-2009, 09:39 AM   #5
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Sim stats!!!!!!!1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2009, 09:48 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ohh yea... How about being able to win a fight for the fumble against the computer... The bar may be in your favor, but as soon as it switches to the next button its over lol
Old 11-03-2009, 09:59 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 12

I don't know why people keep saying that there are too many INTs. I have the INT slider at 10 and get maybe 1 INT every 2 games. my DBs have 5-7 passes a game that they go for the pick, it hits them square in the hands, and hey just drop it (however, Darrelle Revis is pretty adept at pulling in one-handed INTs).

Typically the only way I get INTs are if it's Revis or my ballhawking FS (each end up with 4-5 over a season) or if it's tipped.. Even the tipped ones that hit players in the chest and roll down their bodies are a coin flip as to whether or not their 90+ AWR is enough to realize that they can grab the ball.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:09 AM   #8
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
I don't know why people keep saying that there are too many INTs. I have the INT slider at 10 and get maybe 1 INT every 2 games. my DBs have 5-7 passes a game that they go for the pick, it hits them square in the hands, and hey just drop it (however, Darrelle Revis is pretty adept at pulling in one-handed INTs).
Doesn't matter how many INTs there are, or are not, the point is the sliders are meant to give us control and with the way they currently work they do not. We need more control in order to counter the poor AI and all the picks the CPU throws. Realize the average turnover rate in the NFL is around 2 turnovers (that includes fumbles) per game. Even playing with the INT slider on 0 and QB Accuracy / WR high, you can still get a high number of picks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »