Home

Quick snap on CPU field goals?

This is a discussion on Quick snap on CPU field goals? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2009, 02:56 AM   #1
Rookie

Darth Dorn's Arena

OVR: 2
Quick snap on CPU field goals?

Did a search and couldn't find anything on this.

Is this a problem everyone is having? I have no time to switch to someone to try and rush in. The camera moves around the back, then goes to the play camera and the ball is instantly snapped.

Is there a workaround at all to this, or just something to live with?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2009, 11:26 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Quick snap on CPU field goals?

I've been wondering the same thing...this drives me nuts. I try to get my cursor on the right guy, but they always snap it before i can get there...there must be some type of workaround w/ all the topics about blocking field goals in the archives?
Old 11-21-2009, 01:26 AM   #3
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

I think they do it b/c it will prevent some kind of block glitch.

I know in Madden 09 I could move the DT over and run through the gap(sometimes untouched) and get a block. It wasn't a guarantee, but it was possible.
Now w/ this quick snap, its impossible to do.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:12 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

The CPU does snap it insanely fast.

If you play with the FS, then you start locked on the 'return man' in the FG block formation.

From there you can rush the A gap, occupy a blocker and your MLB will squeeze through for a block every once in awhile.

You basically have to start running as soon as you can (while the camera is panning from the reverse view) to get to the LOS on time though.

Also I've never had a 'block'. Every time a player gets in front of the kick, he just 'absorbs' the ball and and gets tackled. Goes in the book as a missed field goal and fumble recovery, but not a turnover.. yea.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:57 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by filtertmp
Goes in the book as a missed field goal and fumble recovery, but not a turnover.. yea.
Is there even a blocked FG category in the game stats?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2009, 05:48 PM   #6
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
I think they do it b/c it will prevent some kind of block glitch.

I know in Madden 09 I could move the DT over and run through the gap(sometimes untouched) and get a block. It wasn't a guarantee, but it was possible.
Now w/ this quick snap, its impossible to do.
If they did it to stop a glitch... why don't they fix the glitch!? It's not like the game was patched this way, it came shipped with the quick snap on field goals. That's a poor excuse for a "fix."

You can get a little extra time by, as soon as you're out of the play calling screen and the players are lining up, hit the button that brings up the play art (PS3 - R2, X360 - RT). You'll have a few seconds to switch to your guy. But it doesn't really matter anyway, it's impossible to block a FG or punt without exploiting the game. Which sucks. That's one thing I liked about APF2k8... bad snaps would lead to blocked FG and punts.

I haven't blocked a FG or punt yet, but the CPU has blocked two extra points of mine over the course of one season. My line just let the MLB fly right through and he absorbed the ball (the second time the ball magneted to his hand as he celebrated... strange). It didn't go down as a block either, just a missed extra point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsEve666
Is there even a blocked FG category in the game stats?
I know there's a BLOCK category in the franchise season statistics. Not sure about in-game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 11-27-2009, 12:26 AM   #7
Rookie

imalanh1's Arena

OVR: 3

I think the CPU AI snaps the ball too fast on every play. FG's, Punts and plays from scrimmage. Only allows you to make 1 Defensive adjustment. I just starting playing the game, has anyone else been talking about this on the forums? Are they going to fix this on the next Patch?
Old 11-27-2009, 12:47 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 13

If you tap the R2 button/trigger the view changes to normal, but the snap is ridiculously quick and the fact that they screwed up the stat tracking for blocking it drives me insane!!!

Who the heck tests this game anyways??? The stat engine was messed up, the run blocking sucked (pre-patch), no sideline awareness, way too hard to get sacks due to the "throw out" animations, defenders with their heads turned magically know the ball was thrown and make "amazing ints", the salary discrepancies in the offseaon, how does this stuff get through??? Do they even bother to test the darn game before they ship?

My friends and I notice this stuff within 1 week of playing the game, so how does it get by QA? Just asking!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »