Home

The glitched running

This is a discussion on The glitched running within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2009, 02:24 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The glitched running

It doesn't matter what threshold setting you have or game speed settings you're using.. This is happening ONLINE every single time I break into the open field with a player who should NOT even be close to getting caught. It might not happen with tweaked settings and such but it happens with the DEFAULTED online settings.... My friends and I simply call it the "glitch step" because that's exactly what it looks like. The ball carrier has a "glitch" in one of his steps that almost JERKS him backwards. It seriously looks like they deleted a frame or two... It doesn't look real at all. Looks like a moonwalk sometimes.

I don't care why you guys added it EA please just remove it.

If Chris Johnson hits a big hole and gets passed the safeties he should be GONE like the wind. Yet I get caught by Brian Dawkins.

LOOOOOOL
Old 11-17-2009, 02:37 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

I see it in my offline franchise games (mostly outside runs with AP)
------------------------------------
- Xbox 360 (patch 1)
- Gamespeed: Very Slow
- Speed Threshold: 25
- Default sliders
- My Skill:
pass d - all pro
pass o - btwn all pro/all madden
rush d - maxed
rush o - maxed
Old 11-17-2009, 03:27 PM   #19
Rookie

I see this all the time with Devin Hester and Matt Forte to a lesser extent. It's definitely related to patch #1, and it's very annoying.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:37 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Before calling it a glitch make sure it is not fatigue. I notice it and every time it happens my back was either red already or close to red fatigue wise.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:47 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Um, well. It's not happening to me. At all. And I never saw a poster claim this issue was a "lie."

Where are these Rep. Joe Wilson types?

I dont know why it is happening to others. But I had two clear break away plays in my offline franchise last night for long 60+ yard runs, and my runners did not stutter at all or anything.

FWIW;

-Xbox 360.
-"Slow gamespeed"
-"DB's stat accurate sliders"
-Player threshold set to 75.

EDIT: Ok, I see what you're saying now. Post what system and setting you people are using. There might be a trend
First off, three people...including yourself (at first) are saying this isnt an issue (it doesn't happen to me) or blaming it on something else in this very thread.

Why is it I can go turn on my XBOX, load the game with zero slider adjustments, play on Rookie (where the game should "cheat" you the least), on slow or fast game speed and see it on the first play?

You cant blame fatigue, because its ONLY my player and its the first play of the game. Unless Joe Addai fatigues faster than every player (including the Refs who catch him when he pauses).

You cant blame sliders or speed threshold because I show you I made zero changes (and get prompted to reset when I do).

So again , if people are going to call others out based on them being misinformed, or just sheer ignorance, then I still say Mod's should step in the way they have in other cases. The end result is the same, people get defensive, arguments start, threads get locked, people get red flagged and usually culminates with one person has to go above and beyond to prove the game has a problem via a video.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Before calling it a glitch make sure it is not fatigue. I notice it and every time it happens my back was either red already or close to red fatigue wise.
Even if it's fatigue it's horrible. I can see changing the run style mid stride and slowing the ball carrier down that way like on Madden 09.. but this isn't even close to being like that. It definitely isn't fatigue though because I've had this happen on the opening kickoff before. I got to the outside and ran straight down the sideline and the glitch happened.

I think everyone who knows what I'm talking about will probably agree they added this to stop the amount of huge plays from happening for some stupid reason. That's exactly what it seems like to me. What other reason would they have to add something that allows you to get caught from behind no matter how fast your player is?
Old 11-17-2009, 03:55 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan915
Even if it's fatigue it's horrible. I can see changing the run style mid stride and slowing the ball carrier down that way like on Madden 09.. but this isn't even close to being like that. It definitely isn't fatigue though because I've had this happen on the opening kickoff before. I got to the outside and ran straight down the sideline and the glitch happened.

I think everyone who knows what I'm talking about will probably agree they added this to stop the amount of huge plays from happening for some stupid reason. That's exactly what it seems like to me. What other reason would they have to add something that allows you to get caught from behind no matter how fast your player is?
You could be right. I was just considering fatigue. I know it has happened a lot in my games. And it might be to stop the big plays because it never happens to defenders UNLESS you are running back an interception or fumble.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:00 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Um, well. It's not happening to me. At all. And I never saw a poster claim this issue was a "lie."

Where are these Rep. Joe Wilson types?

I dont know why it is happening to others. But I had two clear break away plays in my offline franchise last night for long 60+ yard runs, and my runners did not stutter at all or anything.

FWIW;

-Xbox 360.
-"Slow gamespeed"
-"DB's stat accurate sliders"
-Player threshold set to 75.

EDIT: Ok, I see what you're saying now. Post what system and setting you people are using. There might be a trend
You can't see it at normal speed. You have to look at it in slow motion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »