Home

A play to stop "Wildcat" cheesers online...

This is a discussion on A play to stop "Wildcat" cheesers online... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2009, 08:19 AM   #25
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: A play to stop "Wildcat" cheesers online...

I'm also a sim player and I don't want to keep finding plays to stop exploit plays that are run constantly in these online matchups. I wouldn't mind if they limited running consecutive offensive and defensive plays to maybe 3 of the same play in a row. Real NFL teams do not run the same play multiple times in a row so neither should players of a sim NFL game......just my honest opinion...

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2009, 12:33 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 2

thats an awful opinion, wildcat should be able to be run every play. u make no sense LOLZZZLOZLZOLOZ dude get a grip man LololzROFL
Old 11-25-2009, 12:48 PM   #27
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pack31x
thats an awful opinion, wildcat should be able to be run every play. u make no sense LOLZZZLOZLZOLOZ dude get a grip man LololzROFL
Boring!
Old 11-25-2009, 12:58 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
Real NFL teams do not run the same play multiple times in a row so neither should players of a sim NFL game......just my honest opinion...
Too bad the AI doesn't clamp down on it. The human can make one guy react to it, the other 10 don't.

EA really needs to smarten up the AI-controlled players when it comes to seeing stuff like this. Even if it's as cheap as doing it "Tecmo style" and having the defense get pumped up if the offense calls the same play too many times out of the last 10 plays. Likewise for the offense vs defenses that do the same thing.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:20 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 7

I use 5 Dlineman to stop the WC. I use a 43/46 with 2nd string DE brock at OLB or I use str8 goaline.

With both strategies, I always shift the dline to the strong side.

From goaline, I shift the line to the strong side and drop my coverage which drops the safety back to centerfield. I either take the weakside LB and control him 4 yards off the blocking FB or I take the CB who covers the motion guy and play over the wildcat QB.

Fieldgoal block is cheese.

Last edited by MAHAM; 11-26-2009 at 01:22 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:31 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

You know it's time to set the controller down when you're using a special teams play as a part of your normal defensive playbook.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:10 PM   #31
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

goalline Gaps Fire stops the wildcat pretty well for me.Use 3 dt package and man the safety.wildcat runs can only go three ways and this play covers all three ways well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2009, 10:46 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6

The wildcat is not that great in this game... Really. It's very predictable and not in keeping with how the play is supposed to be run, like allowing the HB to scramble when trying to make a pass (It's kind of the heart and soul of this kind of offence).

Anyhow, the 4-4 works great for stopping the wildcat nearly every time. If you study the plays a bit, you notice that there are few plays in the playbooks in the wildcat which run in opposite directions... Like the Dolphins wildcat generally only runs to the right. So you send a run blitz from the direction the play is likely going to run (i.e. left to right) then play as a D player on the opposite side of the blitz and voila! Wildcat no more... Dirty Bird no more... Eagles Wildcat no more... You can shut them down, but it just takes a bit of time to know your teams, and the other teams playbooks... Frankly I wish you could scramble wth the HB in the pass play, since it would be authentic at least, instead of a sham version of a really decent real life play type...

And before people start calling ME a cheese wisher, the programming should allow the CPU to get better and better every time the same play is called... So the first time you run the play you have a 50+% chance of making it, and you knock 10% every other time it's run... Cheeser play caller problem solved just like that...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »