Home

Could ratings fix stats?

This is a discussion on Could ratings fix stats? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2009, 09:45 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Could ratings fix stats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
What about adjusting the sliders and up the run defense, lower the run blocking, and up the pass blocking so it tones down the stats a bit?
The first thing I tried to do to get the rushing averages down was set all the coaching sliders to a more run defense approach. It did jack squat. I have not messed with the priority sliders, Ive been told they are not related to the scheme, rather cpu drafting approach. I guess ill give that a shot just to see if it does anything.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:59 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Eyes
The first thing I tried to do to get the rushing averages down was set all the coaching sliders to a more run defense approach. It did jack squat. I have not messed with the priority sliders, Ive been told they are not related to the scheme, rather cpu drafting approach. I guess ill give that a shot just to see if it does anything.
I was actually talking about adjusting the player/cpu sliders in the options. Not sure if this affects simmed games though.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:32 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
I was actually talking about adjusting the player/cpu sliders in the options. Not sure if this affects simmed games though.
Are you talking about the in game sliders? Those have nothing to do with sim stats.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:34 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Eyes
Are you talking about the in game sliders? Those have nothing to do with sim stats.
Ok just wanted clarification. Thanks.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:16 AM   #21
Rookie

cwinnbari's Arena

OVR: 1

About rookies and progression... from what ive seen most rookies don't progress higher then say 90-95 (so there aren't going to be too many monster backs)... In terms of playing a game vs simming you can set the rb ability up so when you're playing your RB will be a little better then the rating
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2009, 10:38 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falzon
i under stand the concept, but this is such an insane thing for us to be resorting to. it blows my mind
Yeah, agreed.

Does make me wonder if the problem with the sim engine isn't the engine, per se, but the ratings are too high.

I wonder if the average player was rated about 70 in the position-specific skills, above average players around 80-85, with only the elites hitting 90 would that lower the stats output?
Old 12-11-2009, 11:58 AM   #23
Rookie

In general it is my opinion that all RB are overrated in this game. Top draft pick rbs in there rookie season, from what I've seen, are worse than every starter in the league. Jamal Lewis is the worst starter, if I recall, and he is rated an 82.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:52 AM   #24
Rookie

cwinnbari's Arena

[quote=KBLover;2040543696]

I gotta say I think editing the roster once is a lot easier then setting 32 teams sliders and having to reset them anytime you play a game in a franchise... Today I'll play with DL or OLs and bump or drop stats if I get the chance.... I'm fairly happy with the stats I've seen by capping the best RBs in the league

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »