Home

It is simply ridiculous how low the Colts are rated.

This is a discussion on It is simply ridiculous how low the Colts are rated. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2009, 10:53 AM   #9
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: It is simply ridiculous how low the Colts are rated.

Wayne dropped from 97-96. Ridiculous.

The Colts in the last update got the least upgrades of any team in the league. We have noobs like the Steelers and the Buccaneers getting more upgrades than the COlts!!!

Absolutely ridiculous.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:57 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
If that's the case, how do they set it for fantasy draft franchises? I mean, they don't even know who you'll end up with?
Inside franchises there is an actual formula for team overall. In play now it is just a hard set number. To test this take a weak team and add a few superstars or a strong team and get rid of a few and watch their play now team overall not change.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:09 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
But, but, Wayne didn't do anything the last couple weeks!

Seriously, though, yeah, Wayne didn't get worse, he just had a couple off games, mostly because other guys stepped up.

That said, do you know what was actually dropped other than his OVR? If it's something like some STR or such - it probably didn't impact him in actual gameplay?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2009, 01:20 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 16

I agree. What frustrated me is that for the majority of players its what you did three years ago that gives you your rating more then what your doing now.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:10 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 9

But, but, Wayne didn't do anything the last couple weeks!

Reggie Wayne dictates a double team which allows openings for WR's that would not be in the NFL to become superstars.

My point is that if you overrate Dallas players to make their so-called talent relevant, you need to do the same thing for other teams. If D. Ware needs a 87 SPD, 98 ACC to be a dominant player, Reggie needs the SPD to make his proper impact on the game.

I'm looking at Baltimore's LB's, 3rd string LB's rated higher than Indy's? I agree with the talent argument,
BUT, you can't give Indy OLB's a highest rating of 71, and compete seriously in Madden. Either bring overrated players down, or underated players up in order to make a game be competitive on a football level. Instead of Indy being bad because they are predisposed to bad tackling and a lack of speed. Give them ratings consistent with HOW Madden plays.
Speed is the one thing we should never lack.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:33 PM   #14

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated

The Colts in the last update got the least upgrades of any team in the league. We have noobs like the Steelers and the Buccaneers getting more upgrades than the COlts!!!

Absolutely ridiculous.
Overall for a player is overrated. It means nothing and does nothing.

I'm pretty sure most of the important attributes he's supposed to have are extremely high. Ovr is not that big of a deal when the wide reciever attributes are some of the best in the game.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:39 PM   #15
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Jesus quit your bitching. Wayne dropped one whole point. Holy crap stop the presses, EA you have no clue what your doing, lol!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2009, 11:01 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVELL
Reggie Wayne dictates a double team which allows openings for WR's that would not be in the NFL to become superstars.
Did you not see the smiley? Obviously, I wasn't being serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVELL
I'm looking at Baltimore's LB's, 3rd string LB's rated higher than Indy's? I agree with the talent argument,
BUT, you can't give Indy OLB's a highest rating of 71, and compete seriously in Madden. Either bring overrated players down, or underated players up in order to make a game be competitive on a football level. Instead of Indy being bad because they are predisposed to bad tackling and a lack of speed. Give them ratings consistent with HOW Madden plays.
Speed is the one thing we should never lack.
Talk about skills individually, not OVR. OVR is just an arbitrarily defined calculation. It doesn't mean anything. If I calculate OVR as 2X + 3Y and you did it as 3Y + .5X, it doesn't matter because it doesn't impact player ability.

Now if their skills are bad - too low TAK, too low AWR, etc - then I see your point, but talking just in terms of OVR being too high or too low, it doesn't mean much, imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »