Home

Unreal game. WTF?

This is a discussion on Unreal game. WTF? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2009, 03:05 AM   #1
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

OVR: 5
Icon5 Unreal game. WTF?

I just started playing online and have been doing pretty well. After having a dude disconnect on me the first game and somehow getting a loss, I won six games in a row. I'm not great, by any means, but I'm a decent player.

I was challenged by this dude tonight. He was the Broncos and I was the Vikings. Game was played at Invesco at night. Let me break down the madness for you.

He was 9 of 10 for 250-plus yards and four TDs...at HALFTIME. The score was 35-14 at halftime. No matter what defense I called, he ALWAYS had a wide open guy and they always caught it except one play where he threw into coverage. He ran a lot of post routes and in cuts against man coverage and the three times I blitzed on passing plays, he called screen passes on two of them. Even when I didn't blitz on screens my defense just ignored the back and/or got sucked into blockers. The worst was when I scored with 39 seconds left to make it 28-14, and he scored on a 70 yard screen pass against cover two man under.........

Last edited by BTG; 12-27-2009 at 03:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2009, 03:14 AM   #2
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

Re: Unreal game. WTF?

Mods, sorry about this, but my CPU is broken and I have to use my PS3 browser to post. Apparently the text entry has a character limit, so I have to finish the above post here.

So yea, cover two man under and I'm using the OLB on the opposite side of the screen. I read it and make it over, and I get sucked into a block (again). The rest of my team ignores the rb, and only chase him when I switch to them. Whenever I was actually in position to make a play, he'd break a tackle and get 15 more yards. When I broke a tackle (not often), someone was always right there to clean it up. AD had something like 7 carries for 4 yards with a fumble, and I've never had that happen to me. I was getting hit right after the handoff.

Then Percy Harvin sprained his elbow and it said he had a low chance of aggravating it. Put him back in, complete a pass, and he's down again and out with a broken arm.

It was simply the most bizarre game I've ever been a part of. I wasn't even angry, I was just confused.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:27 AM   #3
Rookie

Victor Fox's Arena

OVR: 6

honestly, each game is such a grab bag of randomness, it's hard to call shenanigans on just one game. if this starts to become a pattern, then we can discuss if the madden gods hate you, or you're just really bad at D
Old 12-27-2009, 03:34 AM   #4
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Fox
honestly, each game is such a grab bag of randomness, it's hard to call shenanigans on just one game. if this starts to become a pattern, then we can discuss if the madden gods hate you, or you're just really bad at D
I'm not really bad at defense at all. I couldn't do anything on offense either. I had one decent drive where I had to convert a 4th down and one big play on my first drive, but AD was completely shut down and my passing was almost entirely ineffective. His CPU controlled DBs would normally knock the crap out of my receivers right as the ball hit their hands. I think they had six drops or something. I'm telling you, everything went his way. It was the most insane game I've ever experienced. It felt like I was playing 7 on 11.

Last edited by BTG; 12-27-2009 at 03:36 AM.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:37 AM   #5
Rookie

Victor Fox's Arena

OVR: 6

see, my friend and i have this theory. it's that before the coin toss, there's a secret coin toss the madden gods perform. This decides the winner of the game before you even start playing. It dictates dramatic 4th quarter comebacks or, in your case, humiliating and horrifying defeats. Don't worry, we've all played games where JaMarcus Russel looks like John Elway and tears up our secondary. It still doesn't make that pill any easier to swallow when you know it's possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2009, 10:06 AM   #6
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Yeah, this is called you've won to many games in a row, now it's time for a loss no matter what you do. I've had it happen several times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »