Home

*Official Madden NFL 11 Info Thread*

This is a discussion on *Official Madden NFL 11 Info Thread* within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-12-2010, 11:09 PM   #297
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: *Official Madden NFL 11 Info Thread*

Priority Number 1 to me is the horrific audio.Please fix that first!
Old 04-13-2010, 09:48 AM   #298
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Amen to that wolverdawk, amen to that. The visuals are great, the animations need work but overall the graphics look good. The audio is just terrible though, I mean I usually just put on streaming music from my PC on the Xbox and turn the audio way down, it's just that bad.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:18 PM   #299
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Still have not gotten around to the first page rewrite, but it is updated now, and I added some of my own thoughts from CD to some aspects of it. You're welcome to post questions in this thread, but be patient as I can only say so much.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:08 PM   #300
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

Thanks for the hard work as always. Really appreciate what you guys can share.

Are you able to talk about, the different catch animation and how natural it looks or not. Are there any jump animation that looks like a jump ball go get it randy moss type. On the locomotion front, how are DB's reaction and back peddling, and are there new DB back peddle animations instead of the stiff stand up back wards run thats really not back peddling.. I understand if you can't answer all those question, but do appreciate the insight

Old 04-13-2010, 05:17 PM   #301
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Still have not gotten around to the first page rewrite, but it is updated now, and I added some of my own thoughts from CD to some aspects of it. You're welcome to post questions in this thread, but be patient as I can only say so much.
I'm not entirely sure how these Community Days work, but is it exclusively in-game gameplay? Were you able to get into franchise at all, for however brief a time?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2010, 05:28 PM   #302
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Has locomotion turned Madden into a one speed game? Meaning, will we see a much smaller difference in slow/very slow to normal? Or normal to fast?

Has Madden become better on any of the speed settings, in your opinion? Was the game speed setting something that you guys even changed while you played? Did locomotion get better/worse with each setting?

How much has locomotion improved the pocket? Will the QB evade moves be resourceful? Was there any immediate difference you noticed in the QB's you used? Will "taking off and running" be much more difficult with acceleration being much more important?

Defensively, you commented that locomotion was great. What, that you can share, made you feel that it was so great?

Old 04-13-2010, 06:46 PM   #303
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
Thanks for the hard work as always. Really appreciate what you guys can share.

Are you able to talk about, the different catch animation and how natural it looks or not. Are there any jump animation that looks like a jump ball go get it randy moss type. On the locomotion front, how are DB's reaction and back peddling, and are there new DB back peddle animations instead of the stiff stand up back wards run thats really not back peddling.. I understand if you can't answer all those question, but do appreciate the insight
I didn't get a chance to see a lot of leaping catches, unfortunately. Wish I had, it was just something I overlooked. Maybe one of the other CD guys can answer that.

DBs backpeddling is good, the breakdown and dropping the knee looks great. There are some other tuning issues interfering with the DBs in the build right now, so it was hard to get a sense of how they're doing. Once I see some gameplay video later on I can see how that's changed and comment further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
I'm not entirely sure how these Community Days work, but is it exclusively in-game gameplay? Were you able to get into franchise at all, for however brief a time?
I did jump into franchise for a little while. I'm not permitted to talk about it yet though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Has locomotion turned Madden into a one speed game? Meaning, will we see a much smaller difference in slow/very slow to normal? Or normal to fast?
No, I think the gamespeed slider will remain what it is, but the relative accelerations will drop across the board.

Quote:
Has Madden become better on any of the speed settings, in your opinion? Was the game speed setting something that you guys even changed while you played? Did locomotion get better/worse with each setting?
I played at slow and normal. Really have no interest in any other speed setting, so I didn't mess with them. It felt right for its speed. I wonder if maybe people will prefer slow more since you'll have more refined control over precise movements (hesitations, small jukes in place, things like that).

As a side note, locomotion has made the left stick stutter moves a lot more intuitive and useful.

Quote:
How much has locomotion improved the pocket? Will the QB evade moves be resourceful? Was there any immediate difference you noticed in the QB's you used? Will "taking off and running" be much more difficult with acceleration being much more important?
There was a bug that prevented me from looking at a few things pocket wise, but QB movement didn't seem to change all that much. Acceleration is definitely more important. The difference between scrambling with Alex Smith and Shaun Hill was definitely noticeable. If everyone was covered and a hole opened up up front, I could take off and get a first with Smith. Hill couldn't get to the opening quick enough. That's more acceleration than locomotion... related, but not precisely the same thing.

Quote:
Defensively, you commented that locomotion was great. What, that you can share, made you feel that it was so great?
I like to play as an inside linebacker. I noted the flow of defensive play was more natural. It felt good to scrape one way then change direction. It wasn't instant, nor was it as brutally difficult as it is in 2k5. I felt like when I got beat, it was because I over-pursued. I know Sven agreed with me on this... playing defense just feels better, and it's difficult to explain.

By the same token, I think Bezo feels differently. I think he felt out of control, unable to move guys precisely, like defenders were too heavy. I'm not sure if that's true, you'll have to ask him.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:04 PM   #304
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

Thanks for the reply. Just curious, do you think the tuning issues they were having with the DB back peddling is a results of the momentum from the locomotion and also do you think it will be resolve or do you think they would have to take those animation out. One thing that always bugged me was that DBs didn't back peddle with their butts down. thanks again

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »