Home

*Official Madden NFL 11 Info Thread*

This is a discussion on *Official Madden NFL 11 Info Thread* within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2010, 02:17 AM   #1
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
*Official Madden NFL 11 Info Thread*

Madden NFL 11 Compiled Info
*Disclaimer: This is not meant to be a breaking news source, but a place to catch up for people who've missed something, as well as a summary. I'll never be up-to-the-minute, because when news comes from 15 sources at once, I need time to read them and decide the best source to reference. I don't want this to be just a list of links, so I want to get the important info in and source it. In other words; it will take a day or two for stuff to show up here, at least.

General
Release: August 10th, 2010
Platforms: For the purposes of this page, I'll be detailing only the PS3 and XBox 360 versions
Official Website: EA Sports Madden Site

Official Madden Blogs

02/05/10- Join us at Super Bowl halftime to kick off a new season of Madden NFL football! by Ian Cummings

03/24/10- This blog covers various aspects of WR catching. Specifically what types of animations are played. by Ian Cummings

Community Day Comments: This showed good improvement. I specifically remember Gaithers pointing out a catch by a WR who had broken free on a post route turning his body and opening his hands to the ball. It looked great. Saw a significantly greater variety of catch animations. Many were in last year but rarely played. The over-the-shoulder catch we saw repeatedly last year did not trigger that I can remember.

04/07/10 Madden NFL 11 locomotion... acceleration, cuts, and making a more realistic Madden. By Ryan Burnsides

Community Day Comments: This felt great on defense, some work needed on offense. Spoke with Ryan Burnsides extensively over both community days and came away feeling good having him on gameplay design. I felt it wasn't as prevalent offensively as it should be and made a few suggestions on how to make it work without killing the responsiveness.

Updates 01-04-10

* Realistic mid-air collisions have been mo-capped, presumably eliminating the unrealistic flip frequency (per Ian Cummings twitter account, 12-10-09)

Community Day Comments: Definitely improved on. The mid-air collisions in M11 looked great, for the most part. A bit of suction in places now, but infinitely better than last year.

* The phenomena of linemen ignoring defenders lined up directly over them and blocking someone downfield is "at the top of the list" for Madden 11 fixes (per Ian Cummings twitter account, 12-23-09)

Updates 01-11-10

*Only1LT and Jim Reilly passed on a to an article that mentions "an innovative and new take on Madden" in the works. Ian Cummings added his input via Twitter.

Community Day Comments: An innovative and new take on Madden is a bit of hyperbole. Madden isn't changing from what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Cummings via Twitter
Rubber band AI and arcade gameplay wouldn't be Madden innovations. Our goals haven't changed: http://bit.ly/IMr9H

Turmell hire and JR's statement don't really have any relation to each other. Innovative & new does apply to Madden 11 yes.
Community Day Comments: I can back this up. The focus is the same. The game has moved further in the sim direction, not the other way.

Updates 01-28-10

rgiles36 asked Ian via twitter the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
@ian_cummings How come the sig QB anims sometimes don't trigger?
Ian replied:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Cummings
@rgiles36 Only specific angles and distances are covered. There are a few holes in there where a generic anim is used..hope to address in 11
Updates 01-31-10

Ian Cummings mentioned a call with John Madden, and indicated we'll be seeing more shotgun plays in the playbooks next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Cummings
A lot of the call today with Madden was about 2009 shotgun offenses. "It's a shotgun league now, and that has to be represented in the game"
Community Day Comments: It did not seem that playbooks were fully implemented in the CD build. Just as we were working with 2010 rosters. It was an area we simply couldn't look at.

Updates 03-26-10

Ian verified via twitter that Broadcast Cam will be in Madden 11. Thanks to Tarheel for the heads up.

Quote:
Montoya4UNC:@ian_cummings Hey Ian, hope all is well....can you confirm broadcast cam as launch feature? Thanks

Ian: @Montoya4UNC confirmed
Community Day Comments: Looked great. Wasn't able to play it as it wasn't fully implemented yet, but it did seem to be the best way to play a DB position. Great view of the defensive backfield, no wasted space behind the backs.

Updates 04-15-10

EA Sports community managers held a live chat with Madden developers regarding the new Locomotion system in Madden. Click here for a transcript.

Updates 04-22-10

Madden's press release reveals "Game Flow", a game planning system intended to speed up online games.

Updates 04-25-10

Officially Confirmed Information

Dual Stick Control allows players to more finely tune ball carrier moves using both analog sticks.

The Madden NFL 11 Announcement Press Release details Game Flow, a quick play calling system designed to cut game times in half while making play selections based on game situations, as well as all new audio presentation.

Madden cover man Drew Brees detailed Game Planning, in which you can yourself dictate the plays called by the Game Flow feature.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 04-26-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2010, 02:20 AM   #2
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Madden NFL 11 Info Thread

Last year, I added the "official" on the title and it became so... this year, I wont be so presumptuous... if a mod wants to call it official and sticky it, that'd be great, if not, I'll keep it bumped myself.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:23 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

thanks for this in advance.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:42 AM   #4
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Last year, I added the "official" on the title and it became so... this year, I wont be so presumptuous... if a mod wants to call it official and sticky it, that'd be great, if not, I'll keep it bumped myself.
You got it bro!
Old 01-04-2010, 08:58 AM   #5
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: *Official Madden NFL 11 Info Thread*

Thanks AJ, it was well organized last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2010, 09:01 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Still doing the motion capture I see. Honestly, I have absolutely no problems with mo cap, but if they could make it so that all animations are cycled through, that would be great.

To clear it up a bit, make it so that the same animations aren't used constantly. I know for a fact they have a ton of animations, but I bet more than half of them we never see.

I remember one of the devs blogs referring to the fact that there are tons of animations and they were supposed to tweak how often we see them. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that if there are 100 animations in the game, we only see about 30 of em.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:02 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 26

I hope this means I don't have to see the David Tyree/Rodney Harrison animation three times a game in 11
Old 01-04-2010, 09:05 AM   #8
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Please do not post in this thread with thoughts/wishes etc... This is only for new information or I should say all information about what we know for Madden 11. There are plenty other threads, like the wishlist thread, for posting other stuff.

If I'm off base with this then a Mod can say so. Just don't feel like having this thread cluttered....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »