Home

*Official Madden NFL 11 Info Thread*

This is a discussion on *Official Madden NFL 11 Info Thread* within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2010, 09:22 AM   #9
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: *Official Madden NFL 11 Info Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Ok, I did this last year, I'll do it again this year. Helps me stay motivated to be active in the community (It's like church... those who are active in the Madden community are happier and more well adjusted:P).

It'll be pretty thin for a while, but I'll keep an eye on things as much as I can and keep you guys informed.

As always, please post any scoops you have in this thread along with a link so I can verify it.

01-04-10

* Realistic mid-air collisions have been mo-capped, presumably eliminating the unrealistic flip frequency (per Ian Cummings twitter account, 12-10-09)

* The phenomena of linemen ignoring defenders lined up directly over them and blocking someone downfield is "at the top of the list" for Madden 11 fixes (per Ian Cummings twitter account, 12-23-09)

you would figure this would've been a priority in Madden 10.

edit: Let me rephrase that. That should a be a priority IN EVERY FOOTBALL GAME!!

Last edited by NDIrish98; 01-04-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:02 PM   #10
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDIrish98
[/b]

you would figure this would've been a priority in Madden 10.

edit: Let me rephrase that. That should a be a priority IN EVERY FOOTBALL GAME!!
I was surprised to see it in Madden 10... it was a late occurring bug that didn't exist in the versions I played before release, so who knows where it came from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
To clear it up a bit, make it so that the same animations aren't used constantly. I know for a fact they have a ton of animations, but I bet more than half of them we never see.
I seem to remember hearing something to this effect last year on the boards from Ian or someone in a position to know that, indeed, there are a lot of animations captured in the game that never seem to fire. Hopefully some work has been done to allow a greater variety of those animations we never see to show themselves. That variety in animation helps keep the game fresh, though I understand perfectly Ian's hesitation to move to a Backbreaker-like system that takes control out of the developer's hands.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 01-04-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:10 PM   #11
MVP

Gossennator's Arena

OVR: 15

Awesome..I can't wait for more info to drop for Madden 11. I think we will get our first official peice of info after the superbowl like last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2010, 02:45 PM   #12
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Realistic mid-air collisions
Is this also eliminating the double mid-air moves? i.e. DB swats ball AND tackles WR.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #13
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

That's the whole point of the new mo-cap of mid-air collisions.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:00 PM   #14
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Please do not post in this thread with thoughts/wishes etc... This is only for new information or I should say all information about what we know for Madden 11. There are plenty other threads, like the wishlist thread, for posting other stuff.

If I'm off base with this then a Mod can say so. Just don't feel like having this thread cluttered....
Yes, we have a wishlist forum. I don't mind discussion of what I post in here... that's kind of the point... but it'd be nice to keep it free of wishlists and general whining.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:01 PM   #15

OVR: 34

I would really like to know how mid-air collisions are mo-capped. Seriously, that must be interesting to pull off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2010, 07:44 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 15

I hope this means that WR get to actually jump for balls again. At the same time, i hope they dont just try to fix a deep rooted game engine issue with animations. Cause this means they will have to cut animations on another end eventually. collision animations are secondary to having actual speed, weight, and momentum incorporated in gameplay movement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »