Home

Eagles wildcat formation question

This is a discussion on Eagles wildcat formation question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2010, 11:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Eagles wildcat formation question

How do I put Vick in at the wildcat spot ? currently jeremy maclin is under center for the wildcat plays .........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2010, 12:57 AM   #2
Rookie

Drike19's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Eagles wildcat formation question

make Michael Vick a WR

Old 01-11-2010, 01:29 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drike19
make Michael Vick a WR
lol ... are you being serious? He has to be a starter for that to happen ... I just want Vick to come on for the wildcat like he does IRL..

Stupid Madden
Old 01-11-2010, 09:07 AM   #4
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crippa
How do I put Vick in at the wildcat spot ? currently jeremy maclin is under center for the wildcat plays .........

A good way to do this would be to save your depth chart with Vick as the starter and McNabb as the backup. Then when you run the wildcat , at the play select screen use the right stick and change the package to "QB" instead of "Normal" then you will have Vick at QB. Every other play just change the package to "Back up QB" and you will have McNabb.

That's the best way I can see to do it. Just remember on non wildcat plays if you want McNabb at QB to use the back up QB package.

I just tried it out in practice mode and it worked great. Check it out.

Last edited by JMD; 01-11-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5

Might as well not even bother with Vick in the Wildcat because you can't run with him when it's a designed passing play (so there's no run-pass option which is what makes him most dangerous). You're better off making him your backup QB and formation subbing him into shotgun formations. This way, you can roll out using his speed and still are able to throw the ball. Although, I warn you, he sucks at throwing the ball in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2010, 07:42 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCBeast55
Might as well not even bother with Vick in the Wildcat because you can't run with him when it's a designed passing play (so there's no run-pass option which is what makes him most dangerous). You're better off making him your backup QB and formation subbing him into shotgun formations. This way, you can roll out using his speed and still are able to throw the ball. Although, I warn you, he sucks at throwing the ball in this game.
Thanks for the info, and yeah he's pretty average in Madden .. but I really want to utilize him in my franchise mode and it's a bit stupid having Maclin take snaps from the Wildcat formation. About the "Cant run on a pass play" thing, I don't necessarily want to scramble with Vick on every play, as you've seen in the NFL the past month or so, Vick has thrown a few long bombs out of the wildcat formation...so that doesnt worry me, I'm happy to pass with Vick, all I want is for him to come into the game in those situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
A good way to do this would be to save your depth chart with Vick as the starter and McNabb as the backup. Then when you run the wildcat , at the play select screen use the right stick and change the package to "QB" instead of "Normal" then you will have Vick at QB. Every other play just change the package to "Back up QB" and you will have McNabb.

That's the best way I can see to do it. Just remember on non wildcat plays if you want McNabb at QB to use the back up QB package.

Thanks for the help man, I'll definitely check this out and see if I can come up with something to get Vick in the game
Old 01-12-2010, 05:52 PM   #7
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD

It's even easier than that. Just change the package to QB and Vick should be there. If not, just formation sub (RB or R1) McNabb for Vick. Piece of cake..
Old 01-12-2010, 06:44 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

thanks for the tips guys

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »