Home

EA CEO Speaks of an Innovative and New Take on Madden?

This is a discussion on EA CEO Speaks of an Innovative and New Take on Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2010, 05:45 AM   #97
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: EA CEO Speaks of an Innovative and New Take on Madden?

Madden is going to be called "innovative and new" every year what do you expect them to say?
However if anything ill take my guess and say euphoria is in this year they dont have to take as long as backbreaker did releasing a game because they already have the player models,fields,franchise mode,etc. They also dont have to take out canned animations you can still use euphoria for pile ups,falls,momentum,gravity,ball physics,etc. In one development year you could easily have euphoria physics in madden in some way or another but thats just me being optimistic. But 3D could also be what he meant 3D is a perfect gimmick for madden.
Iventially we will have info and screenshots and what not so dont get your panties in a bunch. If madden fails we still have backbreaker right?
Old 01-12-2010, 06:05 AM   #98
All Star

OVR: 33

This new game comes out in April doesn't it?

And Madden 11 comes out in August!

Is this not true?
Old 01-12-2010, 06:16 AM   #99
MVP

OVR: 39
I don't know who's in charge of marketing, but they are clueless and horrible at their job. EA thinks it needs to be more arcadey to sell. EA is stupid and will fail especially with it's sports titles. The grown-ups who play these games are getting tired of all the gimmicks and non-simulation aspects.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:53 AM   #100
Rookie

Falcons11497's Arena

OVR: 13
I jus wanna kno what it is
Old 01-12-2010, 08:15 AM   #101
Pro

OVR: 18
"New and innovative". This doesnt sound good. They've spent the last 2 years cleaning up and "fixing" Madden. I really hope they dont nuke it and start over again or go in another direction. Madden 10 was a solid step forward IMO. It sure needs more work to get it where it needs to be, but I liked Ian's direction and focus. Fix the gameplay bugs (run blocking, AI) and give a major boost to presentation (full tv-style makeover cameras, halftime, franchise tickers, etc) and get an emotive natural sounding commentary team. BOOM! Madden 11 would rule. EA please dont pul a Madden06 and change what is already working.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2010, 08:21 AM   #102
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

I think we may be in for some CBS presentation. thats the first thing that popped into my mind.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:24 AM   #103
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons11497
I jus wanna kno what it is

just read this thread....there are plenty of people here who seem to have it figured out.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-12-2010, 08:31 AM   #104
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Some of you stop take video games way too serious...stupid? really? they've got folks stirring 8 months before release...some are really in a panic, lmao.

It might mean a more hardcore Madden. We have Madden vs. Madden Arcade, which is comparable to NBA live, which is heading more to a hardcore type game (pretty sure franchise will be cleaned up next year) versus NBA Jam. Like is said earlier, EA has put folks in place that will make Madden close to, if not the best football game around, before or after. It may take a year or two, but they are realizing that they need to sell, and what better way to sell than to cover the spread by selling to kids and adults (because yea, i think more grown men play Madden than ever). Josh & Ian come here to get input, i'm sure thats for a reason, also to new creative director knows what he's doing if you read the blog completely, i'm pretty sure we'll see a different madden in the next year or two.

But until then, some of you need to calm down, its 8 months out, and its just a video game, i get some doubts are there, but after this year i cant really doubt that they are getting it right, even though i hope they get a new engine some time soon--but we'll see what the news is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »