Home

EA CEO Speaks of an Innovative and New Take on Madden?

This is a discussion on EA CEO Speaks of an Innovative and New Take on Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2010, 09:22 PM   #49

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: EA CEO Speaks of an Innovative and New Take on Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstarshad
I think this pushed away a ton of casual football gamers (2k crowd).
I never played 2k aside from a few times at someone else's house, but based on discussions I've had with die hard 2kers this has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read here.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:23 PM   #50
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

This is straight from Ian's twitter page.

Rubber band AI and arcade gameplay wouldn't be Madden innovations. Our goals haven't changed: 1hr ago

Thankyou Madden Gods :applause:
Old 01-11-2010, 09:24 PM   #51
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

My god, some of you people should actually read before you comment

From Pasta Padre

Quote:
Given that he stated this “new take on Madden” would arrive sometime in fiscal 2011 (April 2010-March 2011)
Everyone knows when Madden gets released, why would he give a time line for this unless it was a new game? I Guarantee you it is the new NFL Trainer game for the Wii.

I was hoping I would not have to point out the obvious, but that seems par for the course here in the Madden forum
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2010, 09:25 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
We learned from the best. You helped us obtain broadcast view for Madden.
Appreciate that, but that was the collective being determined. I truly don't mean to be a negative voice on this but I really like what we are seeing with Ian's crew and what they accomplished with a full year under their belt. Hearing about a "new" creative director just has me wincing a bit. Sure, we don't know what his styling will bring about, and I hope Ian still has full throttle on what he wants to accomplish. But the fact that a new set of eyes was brought in scares me a bit with the notion that CEO's look at sales sheets. That is my point. I worry big heads will get in the way of the Football Heads of this operation and then the momentum that Ian and crew had going could be lost.

I know I am reading way to much into things...but you have to consider how big business operates. I just worry about derailment, and with this game being the only game in town...well we can't have stepbacks for our football video game enjoyment now can we?
Old 01-11-2010, 09:25 PM   #53
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I'm not concerned so much about the "innovative" part of the comment. What I'm concerned about is the "new take" part of that comment. It's professional football. How many takes can you have? You either want realism( what Ian was striving for last year), Arcade ( What Mark Turmell has been working on for the better part of his career), or a mix of the 2. In essence, he's saying they're going from what Ian was trying to do last year (realism) to one of the other two (arcade or mix). Either way, it's a step in the direction that I do not want.

I think it's a good decision for the EA big wigs though as I'm sure they want to bring sales up from the previous few years. Last year, Ian himself said that if sales were not good for 10, we would start seeing the gimmicks and things like that start coming back. Well here ya go.

Look I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist. I've been a member of OS since 2003 and have had this "discussion" with numerous people over numerous years and every year, except for last, my realist approach kept me from being greatly disappointed with the title when I got it. I'll admit, I am taking more of a wait and see approach this time because Ian is still working on the title, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm a little worried about what we're gonna get with this year's Madden.

Please note that when I say I'm a little worried, I'm talking about in the context of this game and not in my life. I don't need someone telling I should be worried about other things in my life besides a videogame. I know this.
Ian took the wind out of our sails, already. He's already responded via Twitter. He said it's merely a coinicidence that innovative and new take, words used by the CE, and the new hiring of the new ceative director.

He put up a link back to the Everything You See on Sunday blog from last year. So, I feel better if Ian is saying these things.

I can't even worry about the little things in life that I can't control.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:28 PM   #54
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

If you have dealt with them, then you know many CEO's aren't always the best informed of their company or their products. Riccitiello might have just found out they were trying to for 'sim' in Madden and thus branded it a 'innovative and new take'.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:28 PM   #55
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Ian took the wind out of our sails, already. He's already responded via Twitter. He said it's merely a coinicidence that innovative and new take, words used by the CE, and the new hiring of the new ceative director.

He put up a link back to the Everything You See on Sunday blog from last year. So, I feel better if Ian is saying these things.

I can't even worry about the little things in life that I can't control.

Exactly,
btw Ian's cracking up at the speculation of some of you. He's already said their goals haven't changed. Guys take a chill pill.

Via Ian's twitter:

Rubber band AI and arcade gameplay wouldn't be Madden innovations. Our goals haven't changed: 1 hour ago
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2010, 09:29 PM   #56
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsBoYee
Appreciate that, but that was the collective being determined. I truly don't mean to be a negative voice on this but I really like what we are seeing with Ian's crew and what they accomplished with a full year under their belt. Hearing about a "new" creative director just has me wincing a bit. Sure, we don't know what his styling will bring about, and I hope Ian still has full throttle on what he wants to accomplish. But the fact that a new set of eyes was brought in scares me a bit with the notion that CEO's look at sales sheets. That is my point. I worry big heads will get in the way of the Football Heads of this operation and then the momentum that Ian and crew had going could be lost.

I know I am reading way to much into things...but you have to consider how big business operates. I just worry about derailment, and with this game being the only game in town...well we can't have stepbacks for our football video game enjoyment now can we?
I truly understand where you are coming from, but I'm not arriving on the same tracks as you are.

I read the interview a few times. His first answer said "gameplay is king." Later on, he said he wants to be in the trenches with AI and animations.

I have to give people the benefit of the doubt before I make any judgments on them. That's the way I operate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »