Home

Ratings should impact animations.

This is a discussion on Ratings should impact animations. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2010, 04:02 AM   #1
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9
Ratings should impact animations.

I dont want to see Jason Avant making the same type of catches and doing the same things Larry Fitzgerald does.

Like NBA 2k, ratings need to impact what animation plays.

Also, I think arm tackles should be implemented. They would be easy to break with power backs, yet slow them down...and could be used by Dlinemen to bring down QB's and smaller RB's.

Just a few thoughts on improvements
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2010, 04:05 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Ratings should impact animations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballplaya72
I dont want to see Jason Avant making the same type of catches and doing the same things Larry Fitzgerald does.

Like NBA 2k, ratings need to impact what animation plays.

Also, I think arm tackles should be implemented. They would be easy to break with power backs, yet slow them down...and could be used by Dlinemen to bring down QB's and smaller RB's.

Just a few thoughts on improvements
I like that idea. Arm tackling a Ben Roethlisberger or Daunte Culpepper would be harder than tackling down a Matt Ryan or Aaron Rodgers. Big Ben and Culpepper always manage to break free because of their strength. Peyton Manning doesn't even try, if you watched that Jets game he just goes right down to the ground so he doesn't risk getting injured.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:11 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 36

This is how it should have been all along...

It IS tougher to bring down guys when they're good, or to strip the ball from certain RBs....or outjump WRs (which needs to be implemented to begin with)...or pick certain QBs off...

I had a 158.3 rating with friggin' Kevin Kolb (17/17, 256, 3TD, 0INT), and Tom Brady threw 4 picks. On custom sliders all set to in between all pro/all madden. no specific slider adjustments other than the regular bars.

Edit: HOMER ALERT: Avant is pretty good. He's our slot guy, but clutch as the slot guy. No Fitz by any means, but two completely different types of WR.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:15 AM   #4
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Koalition
I like that idea. Arm tackling a Ben Roethlisberger or Daunte Culpepper would be harder than tackling down a Matt Ryan or Aaron Rodgers. Big Ben and Culpepper always manage to break free because of their strength. Peyton Manning doesn't even try, if you watched that Jets game he just goes right down to the ground so he doesn't risk getting injured.
Exactly, arm tackles would open up an entire different element of gameplay.

No more sucked or morphed animations. Arm tackles will help negate that.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:16 AM   #5
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey225
This is how it should have been all along...

It IS tougher to bring down guys when they're good, or to strip the ball from certain RBs....or outjump WRs (which needs to be implemented to begin with)...or pick certain QBs off...

I had a 158.3 rating with friggin' Kevin Kolb (17/17, 256, 3TD, 0INT), and Tom Brady threw 4 picks. On custom sliders all set to in between all pro/all madden. no specific slider adjustments other than the regular bars.

Edit: HOMER ALERT: Avant is pretty good. He's our slot guy, but clutch as the slot guy. No Fitz by any means, but two completely different types of WR.
Thats my whole point. They're different receivers, but they look and play the exact same way. You should be able to tell the difference between the two.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »