Home

Franchise: Your UNEXPECTED Favorite Drafted Players?

This is a discussion on Franchise: Your UNEXPECTED Favorite Drafted Players? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2010, 12:05 AM   #1
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
Franchise: Your UNEXPECTED Favorite Drafted Players?

Here be spoilers.

Of course we all know we're going to love, and do love the Jack English's, Mike Zazzali's, Boar Jackson's, and Quan Henry's et al. in our Franchises.

My question is what guys did you draft, maybe as an afterthought or because the guy you wanted got away, that you grew to love? Mine are Aziz Perry and Relus Bailey. both B potential guys that were "need" not "want" picks.

Perry is 99 spd, 99 acc, with great hands and beat press and has become my faster version of slot machine Wes Welker. He is DOMINANT in that role, especially with Tez Mitchell and Jarvis Carter on the outside. When i drafted him I got him to just be the slot guy but he has turned into one of my favorite players in the game.

Bailey is my back up RB and he's not flashy but he's a power back with great speed. he spells Lamarcus Taylor for me and is a GREAT complement. Unstoppable in most short yardage plays and prone to break away if he can shake 1-2 tacklers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2010, 12:12 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Franchise: Your UNEXPECTED Favorite Drafted Players?

Tremendous Maxwell (what a name) in my Ravens franchise. Needed a young DB and this kid had a nice "combine" (i.e. his pentagon grades looked good) so I took a shot on him being a "Revis-esque" CB in the future. Well, he's not gotten THERE yet, but he's been a very solid nickle corner with nice speed for the blitz schemes in the Ravens' nickle/dollar defense.

Another is Xavier Washington, also in my Ravens franchise. Same reason, needed a WR but by drafting Maxwell, most of the top prospects at WR were snatched up in that draft. None of them had high projected rounds, so I waited and drafted a couple others and then had my 7th up. This Washington kid looked decent and was projected as a 7th rounder. Had a good pentagon so I gambled - and it paid off. He contributed right out of the gate as a speed threat from the slot (my #1 and #2 guys are more possession guys in Bess and Mason)
Old 03-04-2010, 04:44 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Hands down, of Madden all-time, QB - Reginald Rainey. He was actually an undrafted rookie I picked up after Michael Bolt was injured for the season during the first game. Only C potential but 99 THP and 99 SAC. His other ratings are horrible but his rookie season subbing for Bolt he almost threw for 4000 yards and had around 30 TDs.

I just restructured his deal for another 7 seasons, to backup Bolt.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:36 AM   #4
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

In the Jack English draft:

LeRon James: A HB that I drafted in the 4th or 5th. He is super fast and kills in my wildcat sets in my Browns Franchise.

Camron Jackson: A TE that I got in the 5th or 6th round. He has 88spd and can't be stoped as a TE. Also in my Browns Franchise.

That was a great draft for me. Also got a good WR, CB, LB, and DE. It was almost unfair the draft I had. I had 10 picks and all were A potential players. Only A+ draft grade was given to me.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:18 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Safety Davion Avery

He becomes a top 3 safety in the league. He can't catch though. He drops picks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2010, 12:18 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Javoni Barnes, He is a top 10 strong safety in the draft. I changed him to free safety, the position i play with, he is a beast!

6'1, 220 lbs, looks like a monster, which is important for the head of the defense. He has become the next brian dawkins. I needed a FS very very badly heading into my first off season with the eagles and traded a player and my 1st to move up to get him. Was hoping he had more hit power(low 70s) being a SS but he is soooo well rounded. 91 speed, 94 agg and acc, 80 catching, 80 zone and man coverage now. FREAKING 98 overall!!!!

I draft JJ Riddick in like the 4th the next season and moved him from FS to SS to play with Jovani. In 4 seasons together the two have combined for over 50 INTs, thats sick! Jovani had one bad year(3 ints) but has consistantly gotten 10+ pics and Riddick manages to always end up with 7 or 8
Old 03-04-2010, 12:49 PM   #7
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
In the Jack English draft:

Camron Jackson: A TE that I got in the 5th or 6th round. He has 88spd and can't be stoped as a TE. Also in my Browns Franchise.
He is great, forgot to mention him, late round and only B potential but he outperforms lots of A guys, big time.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:22 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

The best DE prospect i have seen was Tyrell Dial (81 spd,92 strength)...i say prospect because im in my second year with him and hes a 82 from a 76...hes a very very good mix of a run stoppin strong DE and a pass rushing fast DE...A potential too

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »