Home

How will Madden 11 balance the new DB animations with Pass Interference?

This is a discussion on How will Madden 11 balance the new DB animations with Pass Interference? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2010, 02:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
How will Madden 11 balance the new DB animations with Pass Interference?

I am still wondering how the balance will be made with the bump and run (which went more than 5 yards at times) and the pass defend animation. From what I saw in Madden 10 the DBs arrive early to knock the ball away and P.I. is never called. Also have they taken out the DB double move in the air animation when the DB swats the ball then tackles you in one motion. I read the flip animation is gone!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2010, 08:21 AM   #2
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: How will Madden 11 balance the new DB animations with Pass Interference?

Oh man...EA has struggled with penalties for the last few years, especially PI. I don't know why they can't seem to get them right and have them called consistently. That's what I do miss about 2K's football games.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:53 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25

i personally think EA just doesnt want penalties if at all...They have to have them...But it is NEVER a focus. With default settings for penalties....You can play 3 str8 games and be lucky to have 3 total penalties....and they will be holding, facemask and clipping....Thats all.

Wonder if they know there are more than 3 in the NFL?
Old 03-24-2010, 12:27 PM   #4
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Oh man...EA has struggled with penalties for the last few years, especially PI. I don't know why they can't seem to get them right and have them called consistently. That's what I do miss about 2K's football games.
You ain't never lied lol. It would be nice to have more penalties called and have more different types of penalties in general. I'd love to see defensive holding or illegal contact or something like that called.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:28 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have always been a sim guy so with the penalties it makes it more strategic. for example too much bump n run can case def holding its just like the nano blitz offset it with the blitzer jumping offsides here and there. The more you abuse something have a counter for it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2010, 02:41 PM   #6
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

^^^ And the winner is!!!

Like Ncaa this year, an aggressive scheme should result in more penalties. Whats the use of having them if they aint called? They are called on Sunday...illegal contact, hands to the face, etc. I'm sure theres a way to get more of the realistic penalties and called the current ones more consistently. BTW, fix the challenge system, that part is kinda broken.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:03 PM   #7
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

From a sim gameplay focus, they need penalties for obvious reasons. But from a gameplay standpoint, penalties are extremely frustrating to the player. Remember early in Madden 10's life when people were constantly complaining about losing games because of holding on a field goal that cost them the necessary field position or the time needed to kick?

Also, if they are going to add penalties, they need to increase the number of plays in a game. In the NFL (IIRC) each team gets like 10-13 possessions on average. In Madden online, it's usually about 7-8 IME. Have a drive wiped out by a penalty is thus a much more significant event.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:19 PM   #8
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Yea they really need to fix them this year. But it is very hard for them to balance them out in madden. But hopefully they will fix it this time around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »