Home

Community Day Feedback?

This is a discussion on Community Day Feedback? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2010, 02:46 PM   #105
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Community Day Feedback?

Amazing post Watcher. That should be in it's very own thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 02:51 PM   #106
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Good post TheWatcher, what's crazy is that they have a nigh exact view of what they need to replicate in their game with every single NFL game broadcast and yet they can't get it right. There's simply no excuse for falling short.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:57 PM   #107
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
This is my best guess: Shaped skill moves, trigger sprint/strafe and 360 degree running implemented like Fifa has done. I'm really hoping for the shaping of skills, I've never felt that a simple four-way push of the RS was very intuitive. Having seen what Fight Night, NHL and Fifa have been able to do with the RS, it's high time for an upgrade. And that's not even bringing up 2k's efforts with the Shot and Swing sticks. I have a feeling that Ian's about to give the controls a big upgrade. That's probably gonna create a bit of an uproar at first. But seeing as all of the other EA games and NBA2k are making money hand over fist with the upgrades in control, I'd say it's time for Madden to take a chance, too. But I can't see Ian going with toying with thwing on the RS, that's too much right now....
looks like you were right... fast forward to 8:26

Last edited by johnnyg713; 04-14-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:14 PM   #108
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
I am aware of the NDA, I wasnt asking for specifics but rather if any of the new stuff they are adding was even in the alpha build they played at all.
There's always going to be a few new scenes each year, as they have--to their credit--put presentation into the priority track. But based on the facepalm-level mistakes from last year (many of which I've pointed out in this thread), and then a few conversations this year... I'm not terribly confident that they understand what the problems are in this aspect of the game and that they'll fix them. I'm not trying to be mean, but I refuse to be anything less than honest about any of this.

No matter how many nice-looking components you have, that's only 50% of it in terms of presentation in a football game. The other 50% is timing and sequence. If you fail on the latter, you've just wasted your time and you have to question yourself as to what the point was going down this road.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:22 PM   #109
MVP

OVR: 15

It really is amazing they dont have the presentation down pat. All they have to do is watch any NFL broadcast and just replicate that...
Old 04-14-2010, 03:32 PM   #110
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
It really is amazing they dont have the presentation down pat. All they have to do is watch any NFL broadcast and just replicate that...
We'll have to wait and see. You never know how the final will turn out, but it's their whole philosophy and approach to presentation that makes me not feel confident. When your whole approach is wrong (and there is concrete indisputable evidence showing you it's wrong) yet you don't see what you're doing as a problem, I don't know how you can fix things. So if they do pull it off, I'd be surprised like I saw a ghost.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:33 PM   #111
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
We'll have to wait and see. You never know how the final will turn out, but it's their whole philosophy and approach to presentation that makes me not feel confident. When your whole approach is wrong (and there is concrete indisputable evidence showing you it's wrong) yet you don't see what you're doing as a problem, I don't know how you can fix things. So if they do pull it off, I'd be surprised like I saw a ghost.
Sounds like they need to clean house, or change whoever is responsible for the presentation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 03:36 PM   #112
MVP

OVR: 15

How could they not see that the approach is wrong? Can they not see that the presentation is stale and boring. They need to show different players lining up and not just the QB, they need a TON more cut scenes that play at the correct time, they need post play camera views that look good, and a great new replay system that shows replays at awesome angles on EVERY big play.

I dont know if you have ever played NHL 10 but they have their presentation set up in its simplest form and it flows brilliantly. NHL 10 just needs more cut-scenes

Edit: (They also need realistic stat banners with stats that we would see on TV) I remember Ian saying he spent a ton of time on the stat banners and honestly I did not think they were done well at all. There is a stat banner displayed constantly in NFL broadcasts

Last edited by ch46647; 04-14-2010 at 03:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »