Home

Madden NFL 11 Interview with Developer Ian Cummings (VGrevolution)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Interview with Developer Ian Cummings (VGrevolution) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 11:59 PM   #33
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Madden NFL 11 Interview with Developer Ian Cummings

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Well Boooey, to be fair to Ian last year was his first year leading the charge and things did change drastically. Going off of that, I have to give him the benefit of the doubt.
yes, you are correct, last year was his first full year as the "lead" guy.. but he has been doing these dev interviews for years since 07 saying the same things..
The videos are out there.. i am not gonna post links to them.
but that is what I am talking about..
Old 04-26-2010, 11:59 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Geez! Extreme close-up of Ian's face. I swear that was just a random dude with a friend who happened to bring a camcorder. Ian didn't look to excited for that interview lol!
It was the end of the night, we were one of the last to interview him. Just think 8 hours of non-stop talking would drain you pretty fast. Oh and I brought the camera on purpose.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:29 AM   #35
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Well Boooey, to be fair to Ian last year was his first year leading the charge and things did change drastically. Going off of that, I have to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Boooey he is right. Last year was Ian first year as head designer. It is taking a few year for him to clean up the mess the last madden team left behind for him. He is getting it together and it just takes time. Like the old saying goes. " Rome was not build in a day". Madden want be great again in one year. It's taking him and his team time to get things right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 01:35 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magaman
It was the end of the night, we were one of the last to interview him. Just think 8 hours of non-stop talking would drain you pretty fast. Oh and I brought the camera on purpose.

Well what about the WR/DB interaction?? Did u guys ask him about that?
Old 04-27-2010, 02:28 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I never understood the mentality of producers, directors feeling the need to be "hush" about certain game modes. Even then not showing everything all at once.

Imagine how many bugs and how much input we as the community could have if there were not all these new "features" brought up every week. Seriously....there wouldn't be an excuse for them to leave certain features out or we wouldn't complain about an "unfinished product".

It's like the company wants to show off a bit...to who??? Your competitors? Psssttt...there are none.

Just show everything of where you (EA) are at now, and dish it out, and then let the community dish out their thoughts - honestly, what is there to lose?

"Madden 2011...Nothing to lose." that should be the motto for the game, you'd be surprised how good the game would turn out.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:02 AM   #38
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 11 Interview with Developer Ian Cummings (VGrevolution)

come on LIVE rosters and games!!
Old 04-27-2010, 03:07 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygmen92
Well what about the WR/DB interaction?? Did u guys ask him about that?
What do you mean? From playing the game it seemed greatly improved, trying to score a TD in the redzone lead to some good looking coverage by the DBs.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:23 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I never understood the mentality of producers, directors feeling the need to be "hush" about certain game modes. Even then not showing everything all at once.

Imagine how many bugs and how much input we as the community could have if there were not all these new "features" brought up every week. Seriously....there wouldn't be an excuse for them to leave certain features out or we wouldn't complain about an "unfinished product".

It's like the company wants to show off a bit...to who??? Your competitors? Psssttt...there are none.

Just show everything of where you (EA) are at now, and dish it out, and then let the community dish out their thoughts - honestly, what is there to lose?

"Madden 2011...Nothing to lose." that should be the motto for the game, you'd be surprised how good the game would turn out.
That is the best take I have heard in any thread ever! I see what guys like LBzrule brings up, and I think the same thing - EA has no NFL competition so why not get the community more involved with "testing" or even just looking at game-play footage and being able to say "Hey Ian, the DEs are still not rushing right, or the DBs are still doing that "run the route before the receiver" deal or whatever".

"Nothing to lose" - I am on board with the new slogan!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »