Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Ian Cummings Talks Game Plan

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Ian Cummings Talks Game Plan within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2010, 07:09 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 12
I'm loving this. I can't wait to put in game plans. It would be nice if you decide to not go with the play called for you, if you could cycle through just the plays you've selected for those situations as oppossed to going through the entire playbook. In other words if the o-coordinater selects a dive play on 3rd and 1 and I would prefer to go play action. I would have some play action pass plays in my 3rd and short gameplan. Instead of going through the entire playbook I'd like to be able to go to just the plays in the 3rd and short gameplan to more easily find the play action pass that fits that situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 07:16 PM   #26
Banned

Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Ian Cummings Talks Game Plan

GameFlow???...How about GAMEPLAY!!!...Ea has literally run out of viable methods to freshen the game up...So let me get this straight...They are gonna hype a new feature that helps people call plays BUT the plays are the same old stale plays in the same old stale playbooks that they've been using for 10 years...

I dunno..I want Madden to be great but I just can't get excited about these sorts of things that sound like they add nothing new to the game...I'm more concerned about animations, physics, gameplay...In my opinion those factors control the gameflow...Not the playbook

Last edited by dat swag; 04-27-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:23 PM   #27
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
GameFlow???...How about GAMEPLAY!!!...Ea has literally run out of viable methods to freshen the game up...So let me get this...They are gonna hype a new feature that helps people call plays BUT the plays are the same old stale plays in the same old stale playbooks that they've been using for 10 years...
wow have you even read anything that has been released about the game in the past month? This is about the most worthless post on these boards. If you can think of better things just post your ideas.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:25 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 11 Videos: Ian Cummings Talks Game Plan

What would be really cool is if seeing your opponents plays and stats depending on your scouting rating in franchise. For example if you had really good scouting you would be able to see mostly everything the other team runs. If you had just okay you only say half of what the other teams runs etc.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:39 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
wow have you even read anything that has been released about the game in the past month? This is about the most worthless post on these boards. If you can think of better things just post your ideas.
Don't want to derail the thread but YES..I have followed most of what EA plans for Madden this year and it was this thread that kinda led me to that post...I don't post much...I recall the threads and videos about running animations last year that actually had the game looking quite promising but at the end of the day it was much ado about nothing because those things did not make it into the game.

In a nutshell most of what EA hypes is not even worthy of discussing when the vast majority of the game is in shambles...I'm not a Madden Novice...I've bought every game for 20+ years, played heavy on the tournament scene and ran many online leagues...I'm Madden's biggest fan but at some point you literally have to start wondering...How many years are we going to have to wait???...The biggest problem I see is the game is actually as good as its ever been but in the context of where a next gen sports game like Madden Should be...It has not even come close to where many of us thought it might be at the inception of next gen.

I've actually resigned myself to believe we will likely never see Football game that will "WOW" us until exclusivity is over and somebody else gives us a different interpretation of NFL Football...Just my .02
Old 04-27-2010, 07:45 PM   #30
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

When coaches gameplan, they're basically playing percentages based off what they see on tape. If a team plays cover 3 on 3rd and 10 60 % of the time then the offensive coaches will gameplan cover 3 beaters for that situation.

The good QBs make their checks at the line based off what they see. When the D shows "X" front, they usually run this blitz, so let's audible to a play that will beat it.

Obviuosly as the game goes on, there are adjustments to be made.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:46 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
What would be really cool is if seeing your opponents plays and stats depending on your scouting rating in franchise. For example if you had really good scouting you would be able to see mostly everything the other team runs. If you had just okay you only say half of what the other teams runs etc.
Vs. the cpu you can do this it seems by going through other teams default gameplans. On 3rd and short the Dolphins may be likely to go to the Wildcat, the Ravens may be likely to go with a jumbo package, and the Broncos may look to spread you out and throw a bubble screen. In the default gameplan, the plays they're morelikely to call will have more stars next to it I would imagine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 07:50 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
This is awesome. I'm totally using this feature to it's fullest! Gameplanning each week of my online franchise will be a lot lot lot of fun!

I'd much rather plan my strategy before the game and execute during it. I've had dozens of times in practice mode where I found something I loved and forgot about it the next day. Now, I can instantly adjust my base gameplan and simply execute on game day.

Awesome feature, EA. Gameplan will turn gameflow into a beast.
Is it just plays? or is it the mentality behind the players, will I be able to dictate whether they should play run more or pass more, depending on the team or is it just setting certain plays for certain situations?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »