Home

PS3: Will every face be custom scanned?

This is a discussion on PS3: Will every face be custom scanned? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2010, 10:58 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
PS3: Will every face be custom scanned?

In the past, on xbox, the star players had a custom face and the other players had a generic scan. I'm wanting every NFL player for the most part to look like their real life counterpart for the next-gen consoles especially PS3. Anyone think this is a possibility?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2010, 11:04 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: PS3: Will every face be custom scanned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBruce32
In the past, on xbox, the star players had a custom face and the other players had a generic scan. I'm wanting every NFL player for the most part to look like their real life counterpart for the next-gen consoles especially PS3. Anyone think this is a possibility?
Absolutely not. You may NEVER see the day when all, what, 2,400(?) players that start camp will be scanned....not gonna' happen.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:17 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Absolutely not. You may NEVER see the day when all, what, 2,400(?) players that start camp will be scanned....not gonna' happen.
Why not?
Old 05-11-2010, 11:21 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 51

never gunna happen
Old 05-11-2010, 11:23 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBruce32
Why not?
do you realize how much work, how long this would take and the cost involved???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2010, 11:36 AM   #6
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Maybe EVERY player is a bit steep (although I don't think it's impossible), but I think they need to step their game up with the scans. I don't recognize 50% of the roster for the teams that I play with. They should at the very least have all 32 starting quarterbacks scanned since they took the big step of implementing throwing motions.

And I know basketball is a different sport with smaller rosters but I recently picked up NBA 2k10 and was stunned at the amount of detail for each and every player and their distinct moves and shots. I haven't played NBA Live but from what I've seen the detail looks similar.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:52 AM   #7
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Maybe EVERY player is a bit steep (although I don't think it's impossible), but I think they need to step their game up with the scans. I don't recognize 50% of the roster for the teams that I play with. They should at the very least have all 32 starting quarterbacks scanned since they took the big step of implementing throwing motions.

And I know basketball is a different sport with smaller rosters but I recently picked up NBA 2k10 and was stunned at the amount of detail for each and every player and their distinct moves and shots. I haven't played NBA Live but from what I've seen the detail looks similar.
Exactly. I know NBA is a lot less players, but even unsigned free agents are detailed with fairly decent accuracy. On Madden they can't even get Eli's face right? No excuse IMO.

PSN: dsavbeast
Old 05-11-2010, 12:23 PM   #8
Banned

I would LOVE to see every face scanned but this would never ever happen. This would take WAY too much time for the developers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »