Home

Is anyone still playing Madden 10?

This is a discussion on Is anyone still playing Madden 10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2010, 03:30 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Is anyone still playing Madden 10?

Madden 10 with billharris's play sliders is still the best football game I've ever played, so yeah I still play it quite a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2010, 03:38 PM   #42
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
I doubt anything will really feel deeper with this only being the first year with Gus Johnson...

I have a feeling the dialogue will get old really fast.
When I say presentation, I say that without commentary in mind. I'm talking about the frequency of replays, the pre-play camera shots (instead of always showing the QB), the sloppiness of the post play and cutscenes in general, etc. I want to see that this stuff is cleaned up.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:44 PM   #43
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testarossa28
That is genius and thanks for the idea. I was getting kinda bored with my Texans season beating the lower rung teams but I will give this a shot. I was almost ready to just simulate until all my favorite draft picks retired just to see how they did but this makes it interesting. Thanks!
Let me know how this turns out for you bro'. I haven't had a chance to play in the last wk, but my 'Boys are a lock for the playoffs and I'm facing two sub-.500 teams the last two weeks of the season. Will be interesting to see if my Cowboys can cruise to first place in the NFC.

--------

Does anyone else tend to have a really strong passing game? Like, I understand that Romo is a great QB. But I'm leading the league in passing almost every year. I suppose that should be expected with a world class TE in Witten and I still have Miles Austin at WR...but I wonder if that's just my stick skill picking the CPU apart.

I know the obvious answer to address this is to tweak the sliders. What do you guys do when the rest of the game is pretty solid (thus not needing to overhaul my sliders). Turn up the CPU pass rush? CPU pass defense? It's always a difficult adjustment in sports games when trying to balance realism with stick skills.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #44
Rookie

twigstudios's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
No.. While it was the first Madden I liked in close to a decade, I stopped playing it once football season ended. I tend to play the games of whatever season it is. So in the winter I play basketball games, summer baseball games, etc.

Plus it wasn't keeping my attention any longer.

I pretty much can say the same thing. I'm a seasonal player but because I've been busy with family, school and work it's kind of hard to get multiple dynasties going. I generally only play one or two seasons then shelve it until next season and I buy the next version.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:39 PM   #45
Pro Sports Handicapper

bababooey76's Arena

OVR: 14

Only online franchise. Offline is just too boring and broken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2010, 06:45 PM   #46
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm still playing the game. Has anyone noticed the game playing a bit differently in the last 2-3 months? I've seen WAY more sideline catches than I had ever seen.

Is it possible for the Madden developers to update the game without having to download a patch?

I've been seeing:

More sideline catches

The ball being tipped in the air a lot (not at the Line of Scrimmage, in the secondary)

A fade route animation that actually worked.

Maybe it's just in my head.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:16 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 1

The dreaded spin catch was inexcusable. That over the shoulder catch is horrible. The one where the reciever leans his body is good though. The other one, where he looks like a ballerina, should either be a) removed b) happen 99.9% less.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:28 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I am still playing it and really enjoying it as well. Best Madden ever IMO.
^This^

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »