Home

Deepest Madden Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Deepest Madden Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #89
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Deepest Madden Franchise Mode

Sorry to raise the dead but I wanted to get some updated thoughts on this topic.

I've been going through some of my old Maddens (04, 06 for XBox and 07, 10, 11 for PS3) to compare their franchise modes and see what I like the best.

I know 04 is a big hit but it's missing a lot of key components that made the future modes so fun. 06 has every thing there for franchise but it's in-game presentation is pretty static. I haven't even touched 07 yet.

I remember liking 10 a lot at the time. I liked the hand crafted draft classes but besides that it's pretty standard for the next-gen Franchise modes, besides The Extra Point which I can take or leave. If I remember correctly, 11's mode was identical to 10's right? Was there any thing superior?

Madden 2012 was decent but the draft classes were a little sloppy and there was the shoulder pad issue (which I don't believe any one ever solved right?).

What are your thoughts? I'd like to start a franchise with past rosters but I can't decide which game to go with. I really like an immersive franchise experience but also solid in-game presentation.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:31 AM   #90
Rookie

NoFlyZoneAzCards's Arena

I have madden 08 for ps2 but its so slow like doing the off season and things lol still a great game definitely miss the older madden
Old 09-12-2014, 02:10 PM   #91
Rookie

Guccilafluer's Arena

OVR: 2

I'd have to go 04 for sure.. I loved MVP baseballs owner mode and when they brought it to Madden I was addicted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 12:26 AM   #92
Just started!

Madden 08 for the PC...Plus you can customize (change teams to different conferences or divisions) and update rosters really easy...
Old 09-15-2014, 11:34 AM   #93
Just started!

Madden 08 for the PC...Plus you can customize (change teams to different conferences or divisions) and update rosters really easy...
Old 09-16-2014, 12:13 AM   #94
Just started!

Old 09-16-2014, 03:55 AM   #95
Just started!

I have Madden 07 for both the Xbox and PS2 still for this very reason. Player roles and moral alone make 07 the "best" Madden to date. It isn't a perfect game, it's stats for example are still inflated much like Madden 10's are, however it's progression system is really nice and the gameplay is still really good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 06:06 PM   #96
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Definitely M07, PS2...

Not only was Franchise mode well rounded, you also had game play features that tied into owner mode - player roles/morale, custom sub packages (basically formation subs on steroids), defensive assignments (not perfect but it was ok if you matched personnel) RFA (I know this is a now nearly forgotten thing IRL, but it does still exist) oh and by the way it still has the most intuitive and logical control layout of any Madden to date - including layered defensive hot routes that made certain adjustments so much more user friendly.

Man, I wish M15 was half what that game was...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »