Home

Madden NFL 11 Team Ratings Revealed

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Team Ratings Revealed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2010, 10:15 AM   #97
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 11 Team Ratings Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
But their LB's are not better
ray had 94 (39 ast) tackles by himself the next line backer on the ravens roster had 44 tackles (15ast) even tho i don't concedes Suggs a linebacker...

while david harris lead the Jets with 81 tackles (46ast) and there next linebacker (bart scott) had 67 tackles (25ast) ...

the jets line backers are better then the ravens ..
Old 06-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #98
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademarq
ray had 94 (39 ast) tackles by himself the next line backer on the ravens roster had 44 tackles (15ast) even tho i don't concedes Suggs a linebacker...

while david harris lead the Jets with 81 tackles (46ast) and there next linebacker (bart scott) had 67 tackles (25ast) ...

the jets line backers are better then the ravens ..
It's not just about tackling statistics. Tackling statistics does not make a player better than another one. Hell if that's the case then Barrett Rudd is better than Ray Lewis, both Jets ILB's and both Steelers' ILB's. Barrett is a really good player but if you want to take tackle numbers then you would have to say he is better than everyone in this discussion. I'm not going to make that claim. Or you would have to say that Kirk Morrison, who is not a bad player, is better than David Harris and David Harris is better than DeMeco Ryans. These are not claims I would want to make just based on tackle numbers. But that is exactly what you seem to be doing here.

The reason why there is no one with consistent tackle numbers at the second ILB spot for the Ravens is because 3 people started that position all season long. Ellerbe is the front runner right now but is still in comp with Gooden and McClain. But again, tackle numbers are only one aspect of a player.

At ILB the Jets 2nd man is better (will give Harris his props; he's a more complete player at this point than Ellerbe, Gooden, or McClain) but their first is not and the Jets OLB's are not where the Ravens OLB's Suggs and Jarrett Johnson are plus we added Kindle. Take the entire unit not just the one spot where the Jets have the advantage at ILB. As a unit the Jets linebackers are not better than the Ravens.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:32 AM   #99
Pro

OVR: 16

Umm, Houston a 78, really? Last year, sure the running game wasnt exactly good, but they still had one of the best offenses in the game, and once Bernard Pollard became a Texan, that whole defense changed and became alot better. But the cornerback position is still a question for the Texans. While I am not saying the Texans should be rated in the high 80's low 90's because they shouldnt, they should be rated at least an 80, IMO.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #100
Banned

OVR: 2

I guarantee by the final roster update, the Patriots will be the highest rated team in the AFC East, and the Dolphins will be second.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:38 AM   #101
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahThePatsFan
I guarantee by the final roster update, the Patriots will be the highest rated team in the AFC East, and the Dolphins will be second.
I don't know why the massive amount of homerism in this thread surprised me, but it did. Should've seen things like this coming.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2010, 10:40 AM   #102
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

I asked Donny, but got no reply. Has anyone ever read an article/blog on 'how' they calculate the team ratings?
Old 06-05-2010, 10:42 AM   #103
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
I don't know why the massive amount of homerism in this thread surprised me, but it did. Should've seen things like this coming.
To be honest, I dont think the madden forum could agree the sky was blue.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:50 AM   #104
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
It's not just about tackling statistics. Tackling statistics does not make a player better than another one. Hell if that's the case then Barrett Rudd is better than Ray Lewis, both Jets ILB's and both Steelers' ILB's. Barrett is a really good player but if you want to take tackle numbers then you would have to say he is better than everyone in this discussion. I'm not going to make that claim. Or you would have to say that Kirk Morrison, who is not a bad player, is better than David Harris and David Harris is better than DeMeco Ryans. These are not claims I would want to make just based on tackle numbers. But that is exactly what you seem to be doing here.

The reason why there is no one with consistent tackle numbers at the second ILB spot for the Ravens is because 3 people started that position all season long. Ellerbe is the front runner right now but is still in comp with Gooden and McClain. But again, tackle numbers are only one aspect of a player.

At ILB the Jets 2nd man is better (will give Harris his props; he's a more complete player at this point than Ellerbe, Gooden, or McClain) but their first is not and the Jets OLB's are not where the Ravens OLB's Suggs and Jarrett Johnson are plus we added Kindle. Take the entire unit not just the one spot where the Jets have the advantage at ILB. As a unit the Jets linebackers are not better than the Ravens.
ya no wha after that i think u win this debate .... an jus to let u no i live in baltimore an i hear about these damn ravens 24/7 ... a got damn shame

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »