Home

Madden NFL 11 Makes Co-Op Online Football Fun w/ Video (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Makes Co-Op Online Football Fun w/ Video (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2010, 12:47 PM   #33
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: New interview/footage at ign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
To hear that developer pimping the whole "earning attributes boosts" and "unlocking" this and that, just shows me why the progression of Madden over the years seems to have come to a halt.

No one cares about those things but 12 year old Johnny. When is EA going to learn that their target market consists of the same kids from back in the 90s who are all now in their 20s and early to mid 30s and don't care about those types of gimmicks.
I agree with this statement 100%. I hear everyone on here talking about the commentary and whatnot, but as far as the actually co-op mode is concerned, I think they are making a mistake by adding "attribute boosts". I don't want the players I'm controlling to be better than they actually are in real life... I want the game to be REAL. If I'm controlling DHB for the game, I EXPECT to drop a lot of passes in any kind of traffic.... I should have to work harder with mediocre players... Anyways hopefully there will be an option to turn the attribute boosts off, but I doubt it...

Also, can you go online with 2 or 3 players on the same console and play others?? Doubt it too actually...
Old 06-12-2010, 12:54 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

I bet thats not the stuff they will show at E3, Beacuse thats whole vid was cutt up into differant segs. So lets hope that they want put out that stuff at release or the demo. I just waiting to readlly see some gameplay vids from Ian.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:12 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

Agree with everyone about the commentary being way too generic. It was generic with Hammond which is why he sucked, and now it sounds like it's going to suck with Gus Johnson. Way too many pronouns and way too choppy - "HE drops back, HE passes, HE makes the catch, THEY tackle HIM." Any line in that video could be used for the other 31 teams...and that's why it's just freakin' terrible. EA needs to add names so it sounds like a real football game! Every other good sports game does this, and EA is light-years behind.
And no commentary pre-snap?? Really??

Last edited by WSU151; 06-12-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2010, 01:22 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 5

if the gameplay is better who cares about commentary after awhile even 2k5 got stale. the gameplay is what matters most .so far its just too early to tell imo.but i understand when the devs say this but u hear that..... Bummer
Old 06-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 16

That was probably the worst commentary I ever heard. There was 5 seconds between each statement. Being an optimistic person, I truly hope this was a pre-build, and not what will actually ship. I have a feeling it will be 500x's time better. It would be quite sad, to only focus on two things: gameplay and presentation and totally fail at one of them. You need both to be excellent, if those are the only two focal points for Madden 11.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:28 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSU151
Agree with everyone about the commentary being way too generic. It was generic with Hammond which is why he sucked, and now it sounds like it's going to suck with Gus Johnson. Way too many pronouns and way too choppy - "HE drops back, HE passes, HE makes the catch, THEY tackle HIM." Any line in that video could be used for the other 31 teams...and that's why it's just freakin' terrible. EA needs to add names so it sounds like a real football game! Every other good sports game does this, and EA is light-years behind.
And no commentary pre-snap?? Really??
Good point in bold. I understand why they can't use names in NCAA, but Madden?

That sounds like a cheap way to do commentary. Generic lines to be used with any team in the game.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 6

EA Developers are so mediocre that they manage to make Gus Johnson sound generic. EA needs to hire 2k5 developers, there's no hope in these guys.

BTW don't you guys think that the game looks awfully similar to Madden 10?
Old 06-12-2010, 01:41 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ive looked at the vid over and over and if you notice we only hear bits and pieces with gus . My take is that they have him saying things that they want us to wait to hear, Because you only hear small stuff then somthing else and it goes quite.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »