Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Ravens vs. Titans Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Ravens vs. Titans Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2010, 10:43 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 49
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Ravens vs. Titans Gameplay

Cool, is this the new commentary, and kicking meter DLC for Madden 10?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 10:45 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 4
Oooo..this video is much better than the SD/IND game. Looks improved.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:46 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketRocket
I may be in the minority here, but I see that as a good thing. What good is it to add new features when the features added in the previous version, Madden 10, aren't firing on all cylinders ? It seems as if the focus,for Madden 11, is correcting the current flaws, and fleshing out the vision that they, Tiburon, had for Madden 10.
And just how long should THAT take? Ian has painted himself into a bit of a corner. By saying they focused on gameplay this year that gameplay better knock the socks off of everyone, otherwise it will be an epic fail and Ian might be outta work.

PastaPadre's early impressions are that he's not been impressed with it and is enjoying NCAA much more. That doesn't sound very hopeful.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:11 AM   #44
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammer
And just how long should THAT take? Ian has painted himself into a bit of a corner. By saying they focused on gameplay this year that gameplay better knock the socks off of everyone, otherwise it will be an epic fail and Ian might be outta work.

PastaPadre's early impressions are that he's not been impressed with it and is enjoying NCAA much more. That doesn't sound very hopeful.
Phil Frasier is the one that put that blog up. Is his job in jeopardy, then? I might not be getting Madden this year, but Pasta is only one opinion.

I make purchases based on my own information and judgement, not someone else's.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:11 AM   #45
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammer
Padre also appeared to enjoy Madden/NCAA 08-09. That's no slight on Padre b/c he doesn't seem to be as bias as I once thought he was but rather lending some perspective.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 11:29 AM   #46
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
I am convinced that they just don't get it. QB's on ice? What game is this? Why has this still not been addressed? The ESPN/NFL License and all we get is EA Sports confusing intros to the game? WOW! This is setting up to be an epic disappointment. As usual ALL TALK, and no progression. The best thing to happen to the football franchise is when they took away the Turbo button, which works quite well.

Why the disjointed replays? Odd angles?#$% Oh boy.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:36 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I am trying to get excited for Madden 11, but its just not happening. There have been no big features announced. The biggest news so far has been Gus Johnson. I thought he would be a big upgrade over Hammond, but the videos have not shown it. If anything, he sounds like an excited Tom Hammond, thats it.

The Boldin TD was just terrible. He was way too late with the comments. He said, "He comes down with it..." after Boldin had started celebrating. He should have started that line mid catch animation. Then he said, "Touchdown!" after Boldin's celebration. He should have said that when Boldin started celebrating.

I saw another delay in commentary on a running play. The ball had been handed off already and a tackle was taking place when Gus finally said something along the lines of, "He hands the ball off" or "He runs with it". He should have said, "Young takes the snap, hands it off to Johnson, and Johnson is taken down after a short gain of 3." We should hear the commentary during the play, not after.

Also, the pass from Young to Scaife was out of sync too. He comments on the catch too late if I remember correctly, then 3 seconds after he is knocked out of bounds we hear Gus say, "He's knocked out of bounds..." Then it takes him 2 more seconds to say, "At the 15 yard line".

EA needs to rethink how they write their scripts. As it stands now, nobody could come in and make it sound right. Peter and Dan from 2k would sound terrible with the way EA does their commentary.
They have professional writers though *(long dramatic pause)*...

This is a disaster. They have a major QA problem with these things. As I listened to this video, I was hoping it was some kind of prank and all of a sudden a clown would bust through the video and yell "GOTCHA!" and then the real audio would play. Well, I've now watched this video several times, and sadly, no clown

That commentary is bad... it just sounds like Hammond's poorly written lines with the same empty holes and bad timing, except with Gus's voice. If I were Gus, I'd be very angry that they did this to me. And did you hear how he announced that first down play at :40? LOL. "Knocked outta bounds... at the fifteen" The Audio Team seriously left that clip in? He sounds like he's about to fall asleep. They butchered the man. Just the way his commentary at the opening sounded made you quickly realize that this was about to be bad. He sounds worn-out and disconnected. Who is QA'ing this stuff? Is anyone actually QA'ing this stuff? I mean that seriously, that's a real question... is anyone actually QA'ing the audio? If so, explain to me how there are so many bad clips getting through?

... No commentary to announce the person dropping back? No ID on the handoff? Really? REALLY? Surely, professional writers who've watched at least one game of football on TV would've noticed gaping holes like that and spoke up about it, right? How could they not?

If you can manage to make the most exciting broadcaster in football sound like a generic bore, it's over. Nothing can save you.

To add on, it looks like they did nothing with post-play movements. Nothing. It looks like the same mess, untouched. That's ridiculous. They've gotta be kidding.

... and that kicking meter is hideous.

This all just looks and sounds like a bust. I can't believe this is the game. I don't even wanna hear "maybe next year". Those three words are nothing more than brainwash. They're never going to get these things right. It's over. I'm looking at next generation now.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:48 AM   #48
Rookie

MrSimCity's Arena

OVR: 15
I'll be uploading more gameplay footage later on today. I chose not to comment on the commentary in the impressions I wrote up last night because it was too loud to hear most of it. However, from the little I heard, it seems like even Gus Johnson fell victim to the formulaic commentary style we've come to know from Madden. This could show more than ever that it's all about the game script as opposed to the announcer. Don't get me wrong, it sounds better certainly, but hoped for more fluid play-by-play and haven't heard much of that yet.

Last edited by MrSimCity; 06-16-2010 at 11:50 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »