Home

Madden NFL 11 Demo Video (Via Gamespot)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Demo Video (Via Gamespot) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2010, 03:02 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 11 Demo Video (Via Gamespot)

Is Cris Collingsworth friends with Michael Irving?
Old 07-17-2010, 03:59 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 3
i think EA did this on purpose, get all the attention on the bad commentary, so people get distracted from the boring gameplay.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:06 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 8
Ehh I picked up Ncaa 11 and I am having a blast. I will make that my football game this year. I might skip madden this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 08:27 AM   #52
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6

I like the commentary but in all honesty I usually commentate for myself. I think EA needs to stream the lines closer together even overlap them if nessicary so it can have a lifelike feel to it also the sound delay is probably an issue on youtube or gamestops part (atleast I would hope)
Old 07-17-2010, 08:42 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 2
Commentary sounds way better but the delay hurts it.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:32 AM   #54
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm waiting to get my hands on the demo so I can try the game myself.

However, from what I've seen so far, there has been way too many broken/missed tackles - ball carriers appear to be very slippery. Also the dual stick controls seems to be too powerful - in the PS3 video Greene's juke on the first possession affects both safeties allowing for a long run. The strong safety misses Greene completely due to a super juke animation, and the free safety had a little siesta while Greene juked. In the Xbox 360 video it's the same, Edwards has a spin move that leaves two defenders useless. A cornerback caught in an animation and a free safety that doesn't pursue until after the spin move.

I seems like the CPU has to wait for the dual stick move/animation to finish before reassessing what to do.

Last edited by guaps; 07-17-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:31 AM   #55
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

On the plus side, the juke that Greene did looked pretty good. It looked like he actually cut the defender up as opposed to that lame canned animation where you juke the defender and the defender falls down. It wasn't great, but much more authentic than what was in 10.

On the negative side, the call from Gus on the INT was way late. And did he call Leonhard, Lester lmao? What was that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 10:35 AM   #56
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden 11 Demo Gameplay video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bp2 Triz
does anyone else hate gameflow? i think its turrble and ill turn it off when i get the game
I don't hate it, but I will not use it. I'll use it for the first game just to see how the OC in the ear sounds, but after that it's back to calling my own plays.

I will be taking full advantage of Gameplan though. I think that was a good idea that they had. Gameflow? It's ok, but I don't need any help calling plays, thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »