Home

Somebody explain this.

This is a discussion on Somebody explain this. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2010, 02:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Somebody explain this.

First I want to say I am very excited about Madden this year. However, how in the world do they screw up simple things. As a Packer fan I am gonna have flaws staring me in the face the whole game.

1) Again the shadow at Lambeau is so far off. Its bad enough they have the shadow coming from the wrong side of the field but they also have it completely wrong for every different game time.

2) Something us packer fans complained about last year was how Clay Matthews player model was so far off. Instead of having long hair he has short hair with sideburns WTF. Another one is BJ Raji, the guy didnt have Dreads all of last year yet he has them for the second straight year on madden. Its like they spend extra time trying to screw these things up.

How the heck do you put a perfect model of Obama in a football game put you completely screw up two 1st round picks on the same team.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this with their teams?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 02:32 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Somebody explain this.

If those are your biggest flaws with the game than EA has done well.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:36 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

All of those flaws will go out the window when you see how much like Aaron Rodgers in real life your video game counterpart looks. It's truly incredible!!
Old 08-05-2010, 11:28 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 6

I feel what your saying. Michael Vick hasnt had braids since he got out of prision but for 2 years straight Madden seems to give him braids.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25

FOr all the player models where they are WAY off, there are more that are spot on...Even if their heads are a tad on the HUGE side...

Once they patch the dirty uniforms (or lack there of), i will be happy to grab it...Brady looks spot on as do several others on my Pats and Niners. I am fine with what they did. Shadows are off at Gilette as well (i see 6 games there per year) but you kinda forget about it after a few games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 10:30 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

What the heck does Vick have then? I thought he still had braids too.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:38 AM   #7
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I think most players look great. I actually wish they would take some resources AWAY from on-field graphic detail and put it on the sidelines/stands. The difference between on-field & off-field action is too much.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:40 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

BezO - that ain't gonna change until next-gen, the systems aren't powerful enough to render 80,000 fans even simplistically and then also do all we want on the field. Heck for that matter i'm not even sure they could render just the 80,000 fans and make them look decent (ie not all the exact same, not all doing the same motions, etc). Honestly I'm just content with what Madden has done this year with making the fans look better in the background during cut scenes. That's good enough for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »