Home

Hows your franchise playing?

This is a discussion on Hows your franchise playing? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2010, 05:17 AM   #561
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Hows your franchise playing?

Finally got my first win of the season with a 24-3 win over the Lions with Favre just one TD away from 500, so now i'm 1-2 and i rate myself about 40% chance to make the play-offs, we have lost Harvin, i haven't checked the Injury List but it was classed as a bruised sternum during the game and was put as TBD (To Be Determined) but i'm guessing a 3-4 week injury, so my favourite reciever is gone so looks like i'll be passing the ball to Rice and Shiancoe a lot more than usual. I will update the Havin status in a matter of moments.
Division Championships
NFC North: 0
Conference Championships
NFC: 0
NFL Championships: 0
Playoff Appearances: 0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 05:33 AM   #562
Rookie

Percy Harvin has been cleared to play against the Jets as it was a week injury and we had the bye so it worked in our advantage.
Division Championships
Conference Championships
Old 09-30-2010, 06:08 AM   #563
Rookie

OVR: 1

Tough start to the season with the Broncos, now at 1-4. 3 losses by 8 points or less. (Jaguars, Titans and Ravens). Next up are the Jets. Could be a long tough season, but you never know in the NFL.

Also, (and off-topic), anyone noticed that the Broncos technically have an illegal play/formation in their playbook. The Shotgun heavy formation uses the 3rd string QB, Tim Tebow, but if i'm not mistaken, you aren't allowed to use your 3rd QB unless your first 2 are injured. Just an observation
Old 09-30-2010, 06:16 AM   #564
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejs210
What difficulty is everyone using for franchise play; All-Pro, All-Madden, My Skill, Custom Sliders? Just wondering as I'm starting a franchise with the Lions on All-Pro, but I'd actually like to lose some games. I've started 2-0, winning a close game against the Bears and kind of blowing out the Eagles. I've always felt that playing on All-Madden the CPU would cheat a lot and wouldn't give me a fighting chance
i'm also using the lions on sliders but i usually play on all madden i'm using nfl authentic gameflow sliders in the sliders thread
Old 09-30-2010, 06:18 AM   #565
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_turner
Tough start to the season with the Broncos, now at 1-4. 3 losses by 8 points or less. (Jaguars, Titans and Ravens). Next up are the Jets. Could be a long tough season, but you never know in the NFL.

Also, (and off-topic), anyone noticed that the Broncos technically have an illegal play/formation in their playbook. The Shotgun heavy formation uses the 3rd string QB, Tim Tebow, but if i'm not mistaken, you aren't allowed to use your 3rd QB unless your first 2 are injured. Just an observation
if that's the case madden is broken i'm pretty sure some of the teams got more than 2 qbs on the roster
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 12:27 PM   #566
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_turner
Well, now this one becomes difficult. Madden doesn't really follow NFL roster rules, but even if it did, I don't think having three QBs forces one of them to be the emergency only guy.

In the real NFL, I think it all depends on how you setup your active rosters before each game. The 3rd QB emergency rule allows you to dress that 3rd QB for emergency purposes only, meaning that you dress the full compliment of 45 other players + one emergency QB.

However, I would think you could just not use the emergency slot and dress 45 players + zero emergency QB. In that case, Tebow could come in and play at any time, regardless of other QB injuries. He would be dressing as part of the standard roster, not in emergency mode.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:20 AM   #567
Rookie

Bad times have now dropped to 1-3 with a 14-10 loss to the Jets, swear Madden copies the NFL with how the teams go, Favre didn't throw a TD as it was Toby Gerhart who did the honours for at least one TD.
Division Championships
Conference Championships
Old 10-01-2010, 07:30 AM   #568
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
Well, now this one becomes difficult. Madden doesn't really follow NFL roster rules, but even if it did, I don't think having three QBs forces one of them to be the emergency only guy.

In the real NFL, I think it all depends on how you setup your active rosters before each game. The 3rd QB emergency rule allows you to dress that 3rd QB for emergency purposes only, meaning that you dress the full compliment of 45 other players + one emergency QB.

However, I would think you could just not use the emergency slot and dress 45 players + zero emergency QB. In that case, Tebow could come in and play at any time, regardless of other QB injuries. He would be dressing as part of the standard roster, not in emergency mode.
They NFL has a list of players they consider to be "bona fide" quarterbacks. You can't put these players into other positions on the roster. The was most noted when Vick when to the Eagles, and people thought he could play anytime. So you can't just list a player like Tebow or Vick as a WR, and bypass it. They are on the list. The 3rd emergency QB can only come into the game in the 4th quarter, without the penalty of the 1st and 2nd not being able to play again.

Of course, Madden doesn't follow such rules, and you can play anyone, at anytime.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »