Home

Who else this Favre 98 ovr Brooks 89 are Over Rated ?

This is a discussion on Who else this Favre 98 ovr Brooks 89 are Over Rated ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2003, 10:55 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Who else this Favre 98 ovr Brooks 89 are Over Rated ?

Quote:

QuickSilverK said:
Quote:

ssamutaj said:
"Farve has never had that incredible season that would put you at 98 so in his best years like 92-93 he would be a 95. "

This discredits EVERYTHING else you say in this argument from here on out. You apparently have no idea what you're talking about. Brett Favre won three consecutive MVP awards, something no one else in history has done. Not only that, but look at the numbers...

1995 -- 4413 yards, 38 TDs, 13 Ints, Rating of 99.5
1996 -- 3899 yards, 39 TDs, 13 Ints, Rating of 95.8
1997 -- 3867 yards, 35 TDs, 16 Ints, Rating of 92.6

If those aren't stats that merit a 99 ranking, no one deserves it.

And frankly, he's still one of the best QBs in the league, if not the best. Pro Football Weekly does an annual poll of NFL personnel, and Favre is always the guy they want leading their team. He may not put up the same numbers now, but he's working with a ragtag group of WRs. Name me another QB who does more with the quality around him that Favre has. You can't.

Imagine Ahman Green in that backfeild back then instead of Dorsey the Horsie and whoever else was sharing time back there. He put up those outstanding and effecient numbers WITHOUT a premier back. That is incredible my friend.

oh yeah in 1996 he put up those numbers where he was missing robert brooks for more than half the year including playoffs and antonio freeman for about 5 weeks.those were his top 2 recievers. so his recievers were don beebe, andre rison(midseason pickup),derrick mayes and terry mickens
Old 07-31-2003, 02:20 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 15

Aaron Brooks' 89 is overrated, yo...... He has a good receiving corps, one of the top 8 in the league, AND he has Deuce McAllister to help take the pressure off him, and he had some respectable O-Linemen until the best one left. Out of the QB, RB, and WRs and O-Line, the QB is the weak link of this offense. And he's an 89? WTF!!!
Old 07-31-2003, 03:11 AM   #35
MVP

Also, you have to factor in the value of an 89, which probably means the QB ranking in the league will probably be anywhere between number 6 and number 9 or 10. And I can name a dozen QBs better than Aaron Brooks....

The undisputed ones are, in no order...
Peyton Manning
Brett Favre
Michael Vick
Steve McNair
Donovan McNabb
Rich Gannon
Jeff Garcia
Tom Brady
Drew Bledsoe

There are some maybes, some not so clear cut ones such as
Brad Johnson
Chad Pennington
Kurt Warner
Jay Fiedler
Kerry Collins
Daunte Culpepper

So if Brooks DOES deserve an 89, all the people in the undisputed list (which is 9) deserve 90s. Sound realistic to you???

If not, then it doesn't to me. Brooks is a middle-third-of-the-league starting quarterback, and he should have good physical skills in the game. But his awareness should be in the low 70s. I think an 83 overall sounds good to me for him. The only aforementioned quarterbacks who I'd put behind Brooks is Brad Johnson and Jay Fiedler. For now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2003, 03:13 AM   #36
MVP

I\'ll add this

Brooks' hidden potential rating should be a 95. He's knocking on the door of being in that top-third-of-the-league starting QBs and he has won a playoff game before. So I know that he CAN do it.
Old 07-31-2003, 03:40 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:

give me some facts to back up that statement

Dude your a moron.

A.Brooks
53.6 comp% last year

55.9comp% the year before that.
Old 07-31-2003, 04:05 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 8

All I know is that two years ago Brooks served me very well as my fantasy QB. Seriously, he is an intriguing player when healthy, truly a poor man's Michael Vick but with a much better team around him. But he still makes too many bad decisions for my taste.

I wouldn't have rated him higher than Pennington, in any event (who is his antithesis, btw- far inferior physical skills, a much, much better decision maker.)
Old 07-31-2003, 09:44 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Erv said:
Quote:

DookieMowf said:
Quote:

Eddie_420 said:
if anyone in their right mind is tryin to say that favre didnt have any outstanding seasons in his career and are trying to say hes overrated, someone hasnt been watchin football the last 12 years

I agree...You are way off base on this Ted IMO.

You said Favre best two seasons were like 92-93? thats probably his two worse seasons . Come on Favre is a Hall OF Famer and def one of the top QB's in the league still.

I mentioned this in another thread, Favre deserves no HIGHER than an 85 for his play the last couple of seasons. His awareness should be under 50. The thing that seperates Joe Montanna and Brett Favre is Favre makes rookie mistakes and tosses 4 picks every other game. He threw SIX interceptions in the playoffs vs. the rams of all teams. If I could link you to some of the horrible passes he's thrown you'd be shocked to see his 98 rate. The great QB's don't make the dumb decisions favre makes all the time. His accuracy should be at around 85. The only thing that should be a 98 is his arm, thats it.

Actually, the thing that separates Favre from Montana is that while Montana was throwing to Rice, John Taylor and Roger Craig, Favre had Donald Driver, Robert Ferguson, and Ahman Green. Bit of a difference there, and Favre is forced to take more chances to have successful outcomes. That said, he has always had the mentality of a gambler. You have always had to take the good with the bad from Favre. He could do the most amazing thing you've ever seen one play and then make a stupid play the next.
Old 07-31-2003, 11:31 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

DonovanMD said:
Favres a big tough hilbilly who I would want QB my team ahead of any other player. He has that amazing streak of consecutive starts and has again and again been the best QB in the league.
That said he shouldnt be a 98. Id say more like a 97 or 96. But should be the highest rated QB in the game.
Vicks numbers were amazing and he should be high to, but more like 89 or 90 with great potential
Alstott is crazy. 88 tops, but at FB he is good

alstott sucks at FB. hes a terrible blocker. and a lot of times he was out there as a hb. even then he fumbles the ball WAYYY too much

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »