Home

The Madden 11 QB Spy Glitch Needs Fixed

This is a discussion on The Madden 11 QB Spy Glitch Needs Fixed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2010, 08:28 PM   #25
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: The Madden 11 QB Spy Glitch Needs Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointNumberOne
NOOOOO!!!!

Please don't let them "fix" anything by taking away more control. This is an o-line issue, not a defensive player movement issue. Linemen should look at who's in front of them, not just who's on the defensive line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDRZA
You don't know what you are talking about. If your user controlled defender is in a blitz/rush assignment, the OL will block accordingly. If he is in a spy or any other defensive assignment, the OL doesn't pick him up? Thats a glitch and pure garbage.

They need to fix it so any defender, user controlled or not, in any defensive assignment, should be blocked accordingly when he is that close to the line of scrimmage.

FIX IT.
Yeah, you kinda whiffed there, REDRZA. Numberone said the exact same thing you did. He's absolutely right. Correcting this by gimping user control like Deloz suggested:
Quote:
How about this? In ANY defensive assignment in the game BESIDES A BLITZ...take away the ability to step forward immediately at the snap.
Just correct the error on the O-line. Make them respect a threat blitzer, not play the defensive player's 'hot route' assignment.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 09:16 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Yeah, you kinda whiffed there, REDRZA. Numberone said the exact same thing you did. He's absolutely right. Correcting this by gimping user control like Deloz suggested:
Just correct the error on the O-line. Make them respect a threat blitzer, not play the defensive player's 'hot route' assignment.

I got that man but at the same time i just think it should be fixed, either by really fixing it (fix the OL blocking) or a band aid, because i agree with Deloz in the fact that making a defender in the spy assignment take a step backward first isn't the best solution, but it is far better than allowing this tactic to ruin gameplay for the rest of the year.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:11 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego

You're the one whiffing. I said that fixing the o-lines blocking is the best possible solution. But one that I doubt is patchable. If restricting movement at the snap in routes besides a blitz is the ONLY way to get this into patch 1 then THAT is better than allowing the spy blitz antics to go on. Clear now?

All I keep hearing on this thread and other sites threads are people crying over losing their user control. Does a SPLIT SECOND after the snap where you can't use a route not intended for a blitz AS a manual blitz really make that big of a difference to your "user skills"?

I think those people should focus their "user skills" on playing a legit defense and not one based on some cowardly obvious glitch like this.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:23 AM   #28
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by deloz
You're the one whiffing. I said that fixing the o-lines blocking is the best possible solution. But one that I doubt is patchable. If restricting movement at the snap in routes besides a blitz is the ONLY way to get this into patch 1 then THAT is better than allowing the spy blitz antics to go on. Clear now?

All I keep hearing on this thread and other sites threads are people crying over losing their user control. Does a SPLIT SECOND after the snap where you can't use a route not intended for a blitz AS a manual blitz really make that big of a difference to your "user skills"?

I think those people should focus their "user skills" on playing a legit defense and not one based on some cowardly obvious glitch like this.
I had no difficulties reading, or understanding what you posted initially. Take your tone down a few notches.

Asking for a "pause" or freeze in defensive player movement is just asking for loss of control. And honestly, it's just as much a stretch to request as fixing the O-line's assignments.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »