Home

Do Madden Reward Average Players for being on Good Teams?

This is a discussion on Do Madden Reward Average Players for being on Good Teams? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2010, 10:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Do Madden Reward Average Players for being on Good Teams?

This is getting hard.

Im playing the Chargers, and my Steeler LB cant get a pick. A guy for the Chargers name Ben Siler, with 35 catching makes a 1 handed pick to kill my drive.

This is getting frustrating for me. My #1 LB core not making big plays. Guys killing me over the middle.

But average LB on good team picking off everything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2010, 10:28 PM   #2
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Do Madden Reward Average Players for being on Good Teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZero97
This is getting hard.

Im playing the Chargers, and my Steeler LB cant get a pick. A guy for the Chargers name Ben Siler, with 35 catching makes a 1 handed pick to kill my drive.

This is getting frustrating for me. My #1 LB core not making big plays. Guys killing me over the middle.

But average LB on good team picking off everything.
one pick is picking off everything?

Sometimes average players make big plays. It happens. I swear people are going out of their way to complain about stuff that's not even broken.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

you missed the rest of my post right?

And this happens alot on other team that have high rankings.

The issue isnt average players making plays, but average players making plays while my guys dont.

ANd he is average, but his catching is a 33 which is horrid. My LBs are twice as good catching, and All pros, and dont make those one handed grabs, its frustrating.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:35 PM   #4
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZero97
you missed the rest of my post right?

And this happens alot on other team that have high rankings.

The issue isnt average players making plays, but average players making plays while my guys dont.

ANd he is average, but his catching is a 33 which is horrid. My LBs are twice as good catching, and All pros, and dont make those one handed grabs, its frustrating.
It's the puppeteer not the puppets.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:53 PM   #5
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
It's the puppeteer not the puppets.
That is sort of the problem. The user should get a boost for doing something. EA has admitted that they give a boost to the internal dice roll when the user is involved, which alters the outcome of plays. In my opinion, the user already has enough advantage of controlling the player and making the right moves at the right time, the ratings should take over and ask if it is successful. My most common example this year is how often Patric Willis gets his tackles broken online against user running backs while I am controlling Takeo Spikes. I am teaching myself to switch over quickly to try and get in on the tackle to try and negate his user advantage with my own. It's difficult to do however, all my years in teaching myself to pursue a play until you hear the whistle. So often I am used to coming in and trying to clean up a tackle if my first guy missed... after devs on this board over a year ago said what they did, I had to change how I played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2010, 11:04 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 16

By your logic, David Tyree should not have made that incredible catch in Super Bowl 42 and Randy Moss should have had more than 5?

I bet if you played the game 5 times the law of averages would have your LBs making more big plays than Ben Siler in the end.

Stuff happens
Old 08-22-2010, 06:08 AM   #7
All Star

OVR: 33

users should definitely get an advantage.

Thats why we user catch!!!
Old 08-22-2010, 10:53 AM   #8
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
users should definitely get an advantage.

Thats why we user catch!!!
We already have an advantage, we can put the player in position to make the best play on the ball and go up to get it at the right time. Why in the world should a player with low catch, or any player for that matter, get a ratings boost just because a user pressed catch?!? How is that not completely opposite of sim? The rewarding feeling of a user catch should be that "you did that." It's absurd to me to think that Rashard Mendenhall can break Patrick Willis tackles just because he is user controlled. Yes, this did/does happen. No, it's not uncommon. Yes, it should be uncommon or rare. Other wise, what is the point of the ratings?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »