Home

Am I the only one who finds it way too easy to get sacks?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one who finds it way too easy to get sacks? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2010, 01:49 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Exclamation Am I the only one who finds it way too easy to get sacks?

First of all, I have my pass rush at 38, and my cpu pass block at 53.

For some reason, I find it way too easy to get sacks. I am able to get 3-6 sacks per game, easily. Why is this? I know I am using the Steelers dominant pass rush half of the time , but how? All of you guys are talking about how there is no pass rush at all, especially with the 3-4 defense, yet I am having so much ease. The only reason I'm not making it harder is because of the non existent pass rush issue on OS, but I can't seem to find it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 01:56 AM   #2
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Am I the only one who finds it way too easy to get sacks?

I'm noticing that not only are sacks easy but the CPU offense is terrible. And I've experienced this playing as the Bills, with the starting MLBs and FS out. The CPU QBs either throw sideline throws that are half the time knocked down by a defender or throw a stupid, hopeless bomb down the field, especially when losing.

Doesn't help that swim moves seem to usually work, no matter how skilled the player you are using.

Last edited by FedExPope; 08-23-2010 at 01:59 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:16 AM   #3
Pro

HeavyHitter55's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwabalicious
First of all, I have my pass rush at 38, and my cpu pass block at 53.

For some reason, I find it way too easy to get sacks. I am able to get 3-6 sacks per game, easily. Why is this? I know I am using the Steelers dominant pass rush half of the time , but how? All of you guys are talking about how there is no pass rush at all, especially with the 3-4 defense, yet I am having so much ease. The only reason I'm not making it harder is because of the non existent pass rush issue on OS, but I can't seem to find it.
I'm kind of right there with you (using the Eagles)...I'm not quite getting sacks, but I'm definately getting to the QB and disrupting his passes. Hopefully if that is fixed, then I'll be getting near 4 or 5 sacks a game. I'm using a slightly more difficult version of PGaither's sliders. I think it has a great deal to do with the sliders though. Cause I remember having A LOT of difficulty getting to the QB when I was trying to devise my own sliders.

RIP J.J.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:54 AM   #4
Rookie

rockstar38's Arena

OVR: 0
Question Re: Am I the only one who finds it way too easy to get sacks?

IMO, YOU'VE PICKED PROBABLY THE MOST FIERCE PASS RUSH IN THE GAME, AND YOU ONLY HAVE THE CPU PASS BLOCK @ 53...EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE REDUCED YOU'RE PASS RUSH TO 36(?) THE NUMBER ARE NON-LINEAR; AKA THEY ARE SKEWED BY THE PRE-PROGRAMMED AI... YOU CAN TRY RAISING THE CPU BLOCK UP AND/OR REDUCING YOU'RE PASH RUSH...ARE YOU PLAYING ON ALL MADDEN?
Old 08-23-2010, 08:57 AM   #5
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

It ain't that hard to get sacks. But it seems unbalance somewhat. My LE and Left DT can get sacks most of the time. But it seems the Right DT and RE has trouble getting sacks. It seems some what unbalace. But alot of my sacks comes late in clean up time at the end of the game when I'm winning big time. That is kind of unbalance. The pass rush needs to be tuned some to get it right. This is what Ian and crew is looking into to see if it needs to be adjusted some. But again most of my sacks are late in 4th sacks which to me is a little unreal. So it does needs some tuning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 09:55 AM   #6
Nev
Rookie

Nev's Arena

OVR: 3

I think the problem with the sacks is the lack of sack animations.

I've seen it loads of times now. when the QB is about to be sacked, the defender has to be motion shifted into position to make the sack. During the shift the QB is able to get the ball off.

That comment about the left side of the line may actually be true. Whenever the pressure is coming from the right, the rusher gets shifted over to the left.

Its just wrong that Jay Ratliff is more of a sack machine that DeMarcus Ware. lol
Old 08-23-2010, 10:11 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I get about the right total number, but two many through the middle - Jay Ratliff and Olshansky (who plays DT in my 4-2 and 4-1 nickle and dime) and more from the left side than the right.
I can't remember the total, but had Dallas at 5th in the league in sacks, after nine (!) against the Eagles in the last game of the season.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:58 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 25

Week 8 here, Ty Warren and Vince WIlfork have 8 sacks a piece....Silly really...They bust through the line literally every other play....Have boosted CPU Pass blocking by 20 (now at 75) and Pass Rush DOWN to 35 (was at 56).

See how that goes....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »