Home

All Madden Interceptions

This is a discussion on All Madden Interceptions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2010, 01:15 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: All Madden Interceptions

[quote=PGaither84;2041645335][quote=Franchise408;2041644630]I don't think so.

It seems to me that as soon as a slider gets knocked up to 15 (All-Madden status), the AI goes into a whole other mode.

Between Madden '10 and Madden '11, I literally cannot lower the overall sliders below 15, otherwise I completely dominate the CPU without ever facing the threat of being stopped.
Quote:

I am assuming you are user controlling the QB. If you want to, that's fine [I don't have any problem with that.] However, user control of the QB give you an unfair advantage over the computer. You can see the whole field. That means the pass rush, how defenders drop back into zone or man, etc. If you are a good enough passer in Madden on All-Pro, you should be able to pick the computer apart this way. The computer, even with manning and Brees are not as smart as the user. They can play well at times, but I can go 16-18 or 22-25 with Alex Smith for a load of TD and no picks on All-Madden. that is not realistic to me. I need to use coach mode. I play franchise ,adn I want to feel like having an elite QB [awareness] matters.

I'd like to see your examples [next quote.] I used to feel the same way you did, until I understood the sldiers better.

Really? With the Sliders set at 15 that puts user sliders down to 25 on the 100 scale. I am not surprised that moving the fumbles slider from 50 down to 25 leads to a lot of fumbles per game. Also, I assume you are using your 49ers and Frank "fumbles" Gore is your HB. His carry is like 72 or so. Also, QB accuracy is set to 25. The likelihood of you throwing a bad pass goes up a lot. Your two examples look to me like the effects of simple slider adjustments.

Well, with pass blocking own to 25 and catching own to 25, are you really shocked?

If you go into user sliders and press A [X for PS3 users] it will bring up 3 sub categories for each of the 4 main categories. This is where you see the 100 scale sliders.

Of course the game is going to appear to be in "win at all costs" mode when you put such a heavy handy cap on your team. The game [right now, pre-patch #2] breaks a lot of tackles for both the user and computer. Many custom slider pages recommend you set tackling for both up to 55 or so. All-Madden drops it all the way down to 25 for the user. You likely see a lot of broken tackles to give the computer it's much needed yards.

I do not claim to have the best sliders, but I have sliders that work for me. I have sliders that make sense to me based on things I consistently see on the field.

Wrapped in spoiler tags are my Sliders if you care to view them:
Spoiler
Yea I know about the sub sliders, and I have adjusted them so that certain ratings are higher where I have some of the most difficulties.

I understand that things are going to be harder, I -WANT- that. But I also want the ratings of my players to mean something. So when I have Michael Crabtree who, by season 3 which I am in, has a 99 catch rating, I don't want him dropping passes when he is streaking wide open down field without a defender within 10 yards of him. When I have two OT's on either side who have pass blocking ratings in the 90's, I don't want any and every CPU controlled defensive lineman blowing past them like they are traffic cones on every single pass play, or everytime I call a run play behind my 90 rated run blocking guards, I watch them get tossed aside like ragdolls EVERY SINGLE TIME there is no double team on the defender.

I don't even have the CPU's offense set to All-Madden, I have it set to All-Pro and I see tons of ridiculous things. If there was enough space on my EA highlights page, I would save the replays of the b.s. I face game in and game out with this Madden. I have watched the CPU make perfectly placed passes to receivers who slip on their routes, thrown to where the receiver can get up, and zoom in front of the breaking defender. The CPU treats things like a receiver slipping in the rain as merely part of the routine route and plans for it, instead of it being a detriment. I watch one single CPU offensive lineman able to hold off 2 or 3 of my defenders so that the running back can run RIGHT into my overload blitz without fear of ever being touched. When my pass rush DOES get to the QB, and the CPU gets off their "just in the nick of time" pass, I watch everytime as the zoom a perfectly thrown pass downfield 30 yards into double coverage, AS they are getting blown up by a blitzer on the blindside. My "just in the nick of time" passes fall gently into the hands of the defensive linemen who run it in for touchdowns.

And these are issues that cannot be fixed by sliders. If I adjust the CPU sliders any lower, they become completely inept. If I adjust mine any higher, I become completely dominate and unstoppable. I don't even have Alex Smith anymore, I drafted a QB who was rated 85 as a rookie, and has a 90+ throw power and every accuracy rating is in the mid to high 80's. So yes, I expect a little bit of accuracy, and to not miss so poorly on swing passes. I have receivers with catch ratings ALL in the 90's (save for one guy) so I expect my receivers to not drop wide open passes.

There is a trend to my dropped passes to. It never happens on the drag pattern when the CPU is swarming to make a tackle. No, I always make that completion for the 5 yard gain. No, it's always when I call a play and totally beat the CPU, and the receiver has room to run, and will score. But because the CPU got beat, and that particular play wasn't coded for the CPU to get beat, my receiver with 99 catch, 90+ catch in traffic, and 90+ spectacular catch drops a WIDE OPEN pass from my 85+ accuracy across the board QB. Or the QB sails the pass by about 10 yards.

I don't care WHAT difficulty setting I am on, that should not happen. Ever. Instead, it happens routinely.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »