Home

Playmaker tutorial vid on gamespot

This is a discussion on Playmaker tutorial vid on gamespot within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-08-2003, 01:13 AM   #1
All Star

OVR: 17
Playmaker tutorial vid on gamespot

anyone seen this?? Man, I dont know...this looks like a cheesers wet dream. I do like being able to change the direction of your offensive play and I also really like the feature that allows your primary WR to be moved to an open area of the field. But the directing your blocks on the run thing seems cheesy to me. In the vid they had Warrick Dunn running a toss play to the outside, so he is going outside and it was pretty well covered by the D, then he called for the block, turned back and ran back inside and then the FB leveled some LB and the TE leveled another LB and Dunn looped back outside for the TD. This has me very concerened.

Another thing that had me concerned is the ease of which Vick broke the pocket on one of the plays. This is the thing that totally ruins Madden 2player mode for me, how easily the qb's can move around back there, drop back like 20 yards and basically do whatever they please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2003, 01:21 AM   #2
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
Re: Playmaker tutorial vid on gamespot

Yes, I have seen the Dunn video and it is disturbing, no doubt. I can only assume and hope that the game was on Rookie and that the play was the exception and not the rule. Either way, I would NEVER do something like you see in that video.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:31 AM   #3
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

JohnDoe8865 said:
Yes, I have seen the Dunn video and it is disturbing, no doubt. I can only assume and hope that the game was on Rookie and that the play was the exception and not the rule. Either way, I would NEVER do something like you see in that video.

I agree. Very disturbing.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:40 AM   #4
pgp
Rookie

OVR: 1

dudes, check out the new videos at football-gaming.com. that fluff don't fly normally. pretty much every run play shown (toss plays included) yielded little to no time to execute the type of call out blocks you see in the warrick dunn play. now i'm not going to guess as to whether that tutorial is in rookie or pro mode or whatever, but come on dude no one is going to pull that crap if you're blitzing a corner, a linebacker, or even a speedy defensive end. don't worry fellas, playmaker is ace and it will be a great addition for blocking considering in years past your blockers in the open field have been IDIOTS. you'll see on tuesday
Old 08-10-2003, 02:41 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

thx but still worried, cheesers are prett darn persistent
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »