Home

why hasn't Madden lived up to expectations?

This is a discussion on why hasn't Madden lived up to expectations? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: why hasn't madden lived up to its expectations?
no competition from other developers 27 39.71%
a dev team without enough knowledge of the sport 4 5.88%
company more interested in gimmicks and money 30 44.12%
not enough time in between titles for improvement 7 10.29%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 04:03 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: why hasn't Madden lived up to expectations?

My response just looking at the thread title and not reading other posts:

It's because they started off on the completely wrong foot and went in the wrong direction at the start of the next-gen consoles. Going for the "on the field/in the stadium" feel with the radio announcer and constant use of those terrible jumbotron shots, plus other things I'm probably forgetting made the presentation terrible.

The gameplay felt like it was never intended to go into a sim direction, what with there being no realistic pocket, fatigue, blocking, robo-running animations, and on and on.

Basically they just dug themselves into way too deep of a hole before the proper changes were made by putting guys that actually want to go into a sim direction like Ian, Josh and Donny, and now those guys are stuck trying to climb out of that hole.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2010, 04:16 PM   #66
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

Also, ppl dont seem to understand even with the use of real time physics, there must be a lot of animation support or the game will be even more repetitive than just relying on animations (i do think weight/physics should be taken into account more than now). So u may get an accurate result, but the appearance of the result could be atrocious.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:31 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsoldier
lets just agree to disagree......i thought these sites were for just that...complaining about games you are unhappy with....however it seems people get emotional when you do so from now on ill just talk about how great madden is. for now i would like to end our little disagreement
I must have missed "Operation Sports: Dedicated to Complaining About Sports Gaming" at the top of the page.

I know it's not the popular thing these days, but some of us like to discuss the games as they currrently are, and not have every thread ruined by people telling us how the game should be (in their opinion). Doesn't mean I'm settling for mediocrity or anything like that, I just want to be able to talk about a game I paid $60 for.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:54 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I must have missed "Operation Sports: Dedicated to Complaining About Sports Gaming" at the top of the page.

I know it's not the popular thing these days, but some of us like to discuss the games as they currrently are, and not have every thread ruined by people telling us how the game should be (in their opinion). Doesn't mean I'm settling for mediocrity or anything like that, I just want to be able to talk about a game I paid $60 for.
spare me....its my thread and i choose to complain....don't like it, there is plenty of threads that admire how incredible madden is.....you should go visit those....as long as you are on my created thread i have the freedom to write as i please....thank you for visiting my thread
Old 11-14-2010, 05:13 PM   #69
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

It's a combination of a few things.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 11-14-2010, 05:35 PM   #70
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
spare me....its my thread and i choose to complain....don't like it, there is plenty of threads that admire how incredible madden is.....you should go visit those....as long as you are on my created thread i have the freedom to write as i please....thank you for visiting my thread
It's a thread started by you owned by Operation Sports. Just because you are a thread starter doesn't mean you "own" the thread.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:38 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It's a thread started by you owned by Operation Sports. Just because you are a thread starter doesn't mean you "own" the thread.
my thoughts my thread.....thanks for visiting, hope you get a free copy of madden next year for defending it so much
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2010, 05:41 PM   #72
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
my thoughts my thread.....thanks for visiting, hope you get a free copy of madden next year for defending it so much
Thanks, that comment had nothing to do with Madden, next.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »