Home

Madden Sales Down 18% Y-o-Y in October

This is a discussion on Madden Sales Down 18% Y-o-Y in October within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2010, 10:55 PM   #89
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden Sales Down 18% Y-o-Y from last year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
There are people that play chess, and then there are people that play checkers.... madden attempts to be both.
This really is a great line.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:00 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 1
I'm not surprised.... Since only EA can make/publish NFL games there is NO competition which means less need to be innovative. Instead of making a great game year after year, they can make a mediocre one and throw in some menu changes and a few tweaks here and there and they "have a new game". I mean how long did it take for them to realize players weren't able to catch balls going to the sidelines? A fix for it costs 49.99 (Madden 11)
Old 11-17-2010, 11:06 PM   #91
MVP

OVR: 16
"year over year" literally means nothing. Unless you consider the progression of time as some sort of stack or, possibly, linear. Even then, what year over what year? Nevertheless, it's nonsense. So it's easy to see how the article that informs this article can lead to confusion.

The reason that this is worrisome is that the reason we are in this situation is a lack of competition. If EA goes away, guess what? We have problems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2010, 11:06 PM   #92
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3fcon
I'm not surprised.... Since only EA can make/publish NFL games there is NO competition which means less need to be innovative. Instead of making a great game year after year, they can make a mediocre one and throw in some menu changes and a few tweaks here and there and they "have a new game". I mean how long did it take for them to realize players weren't able to catch balls going to the sidelines? A fix for it costs 49.99 (Madden 11)
omg thats true...such a simple feature and we had to wait all this time to get it meanwhile nfl 2k5 had in and the game came out 7 years ago. how long did it take them to put towels in the game? lol i think we've been asking for that for years as well. dreads, towels, sideline catches, diving over the pile was big back in the day....took a long time to get that, half sacks and assisted tackles, the list goes on and on.....no wonder hardly anyone like the game.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:11 PM   #93
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I think one of the down falls of the Marketing Department is they seem to make the madden team add stuff into the game they think fans would love to have. But they failed at that. Another example of how the Marketing has failed EA in the last few years on madden is Josh Looman. When they brought Josh Looman in the Madden Department. Josh main focus was at first was going to be the franchise mode. But that quickly failed when they changed Josh job from working completely on franchise mode to working on this MUT stuff. I understand some people enjoy MUT and all. But that is not what Josh was brought in for. Josh was one of the leading guys who worked on HC 09 and made it's franchise mode on HC 09 a big success. That is why he was brought in. To work on Madden franchise mode. But yet the Marketing Department change that around quickly and made him work on something like MUT that is completely worthless in my eyes. I felt we as fans was lied to by EA on the reason Josh was brought into madden in the first place. His job was to work on Franchise mode and to make it much better. Now 2 years later and franchise mode is still the same. I really hope that madden crew does something big franchise mode this year. Atleast that would be a good step in the right direction for the madden serias for 2011 coming up.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:11 PM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 3

Why build a Rolls Royce when people will buy a Yugo for the same price?
Old 11-17-2010, 11:23 PM   #95
Rookie

bpd115's Arena

OVR: 3

Well tonight I traded both NCAA and Madden in. That was by far the earliest I've ever dumped the games. I finished one season in NCAA and Madden sucked so bad I couldn't finish one year in franchise.

I found NCAA had a decent on field game but both franchises felt stale. With Madden's obvious gravitation to the arcade/online gamer I just had enough.

With a young family my gaming time is limited and NBA 2K11 is dominating that time. That was the final nail in EA's foot all coffin with me.

Out with NCAA/Madden in with **** Yarn & Donkey Kong Country Returns.

EA Sports needs to take a hard look at what VC did with NBA 2K.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2010, 11:33 PM   #96
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpd115
Well tonight I traded both NCAA and Madden in. That was by far the earliest I've ever dumped the games. I finished one season in NCAA and Madden sucked so bad I couldn't finish one year in franchise.

I found NCAA had a decent on field game but both franchises felt stale. With Madden's obvious gravitation to the arcade/online gamer I just had enough.

With a young family my gaming time is limited and NBA 2K11 is dominating that time. That was the final nail in EA's foot all coffin with me.

Out with NCAA/Madden in with **** Yarn & Donkey Kong Country Returns.

EA Sports needs to take a hard look at what VC did with NBA 2K.
I still play my madden 11 time from time. I like madden 11 still. It's just they need to look this as a whole. EA wants to gain more fans for madden. The best way of doing that is going back to their roots of madden they had in the past. That's how they sold so many maddens to fans each year back years ago. But EA has screwed up big time with trying new things instead of improving the old ways and making it better. That goes for gameplay,franchise mode , and presentation aswell. If they would stop trying to invent new things to add into madden year after year. Just go back to their roots that started this all. Then maybe they would get back their hardcore fans and new ones aswell. EA is trying to hard. EA needs to take a step back and take alook around and find out what works best and stick with it. Listening to the fans completely and use fans ideas the best way they can in a one year cycle would help their sales and more.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 11-17-2010 at 11:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »