Home

Madden Sales Down 18% Y-o-Y in October

This is a discussion on Madden Sales Down 18% Y-o-Y in October within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-18-2010, 04:18 PM   #169
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Madden Sales Down 18% Y-o-Y in October

Its really hard to put the numbers into context until you look at the sales of other sports games. Since video game sales as a whole are down I don't really know how to judge this. If Madden is outsold by NBA 2k or the Show that would say more to me. But there aren't many games flying off the shelf nowadays.
I just looked at NBA 2k sale numbers and they aren't a lot, especially compared to what Madden has sold in its first month.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:16 PM   #170
MVP

OVR: 24
I passed on Madden this year.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:52 PM   #171
Banned

KC_Classic7807's Arena

OVR: 11
EA target hardcore fans!! stop the gimmicks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2010, 09:02 PM   #172
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Madden Sales Down 18% Y-o-Y in October

EA just hasn't made a great Madden since 2005. If they were doing like NBA 2k11 making a great game that no one can seriously deny, they would still sale. Think about it. If your the Atlanta Hawks, it's a lot harder to convince your base to buy tickets because your product is expensive, not a need, and just isn't a good product. Flawed in too many key areas. Now if your the Lakers with a superstar like Kobe. You win a lot of awards and your game is really good, you will have people want to pay extra to purchase your product. Great product= sales, solid product= expendable, poor product= a joke.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:38 PM   #173
Rookie

ShaneFu's Arena

OVR: 5
Let's not forget that The Show and NBA 2k kept their same gameplay engines from last gen while Madden tried to recreate the wheel, and overhaul their game with a new engine with disasterous results.

Next year's sales may plunge even further due to the lockout. Personally, if there is no NFL next August, I will not be buying ANYTHING with a NFL shield on it (jersies, hats, or ps3 games).
Old 11-18-2010, 11:24 PM   #174
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneFu
Let's not forget that The Show and NBA 2k kept their same gameplay engines from last gen while Madden tried to recreate the wheel, and overhaul their game with a new engine with disasterous results.

Next year's sales may plunge even further due to the lockout. Personally, if there is no NFL next August, I will not be buying ANYTHING with a NFL shield on it (jersies, hats, or ps3 games).
Shane...SCEA built MLB from scratch for the PS3.(whatever year that was...'06 maybe?)...not ported from the PS2 model.
The engine was actually overhauled too(from '05 I believe in thought of the PS3 being released for sale)
They actually build all those games separately (PS3/PS2/PSP).

M.K.
Knight165
Old 11-18-2010, 11:43 PM   #175
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6
My 2cents.....First, they mention a couple months before launch that they did not change Franchise. I expect the next Madden to get great sales numbers over this year's because of this. Second, NCAA 11 was flat out awesome this year and people decided to shelve Madden again because very little was changed. Third, this is just my opinion.....they might get better than expected sales numbers this Christmas because, like every year, Madden drops in price ALOT day after Thanksgiving and usually stays low.

So I played 2K Baseball and I noticed some things that I would love to see in future Madden titles in the commentary, like little quips about a guy that is leading in stats or a team that is leading in stats. And some commentary about the schedule or team stats would be very cool....the commentary needs alot of work, and new commentators is not the answer which was proven this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2010, 12:17 AM   #176
MVP

zeroice's Arena

OVR: 50
they created gameplans then implemented a patch that made them useless?? so much worn woht it but its madden and maybe they will eturn to the great gamplay and stop coming up with gimmicks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »