Home

Would You Want The Optiont to Edit Weather in Franchise?

This is a discussion on Would You Want The Optiont to Edit Weather in Franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do You Want to Edit Weather for Franchise Games?
Yes 48 81.36%
No 6 10.17%
Don't Care 5 8.47%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2010, 01:02 PM   #17
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Would You Want The Optiont to Edit Weather in Franchise?

what they need to do in terms of options, is give us options for all teams with domes that have retractable roofs (Houston, Dallas, etc.) to open/close it if it is raining/snowing. How ridiculous does it look with it raining INSIDE cowboy's stadium? Redonkulous. I don't like having the option to change weather, because as we all know, we can't do that in real life. BUT, on the contrary, they need to make weather play a part in each game. If it rains, make the players fall, ball become water logged, reducing kicking distances and throwing distances, make teams go to a running game, and not have it as just a visual thing. That way if it is raining, our teams are affected. Randomize weather would be the best option, and like others said, have the chances of snow/rain increase depending on location (seattle, philidelphia, etc).

Old 12-02-2010, 01:10 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Yup. In Madden '09 and earlier it was random.

Last year and this year its pre-determined. Which is lame IMO.

I think weather should be randomized, and obviously geographic location should determine what outcomes might occur. Then if you really wanted to, you could re-sim the game a couple of times to get the weather you desire, which is basically the same as what OP is talking about.

But pre-determined weather is horribly annoying if you start a franchise anew with the same team.

Im guessing this was done to save memory, Im guessing a text file with a weather table for each team uses less memory on the disc than algorithms to generate random weather.
I agree all around.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #19
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
what they need to do in terms of options, is give us options for all teams with domes that have retractable roofs (Houston, Dallas, etc.) to open/close it if it is raining/snowing. How ridiculous does it look with it raining INSIDE cowboy's stadium? Redonkulous. I don't like having the option to change weather, because as we all know, we can't do that in real life. BUT, on the contrary, they need to make weather play a part in each game. If it rains, make the players fall, ball become water logged, reducing kicking distances and throwing distances, make teams go to a running game, and not have it as just a visual thing. That way if it is raining, our teams are affected. Randomize weather would be the best option, and like others said, have the chances of snow/rain increase depending on location (seattle, philidelphia, etc).
Right there, thats exactly how I feel.

Like I said earlier in this post I also think Pre-Determined weather is a bad idea. (the way it is now.)

I think the best way is the way it was in Madden '09 and ealier versions. Weather should be random while being applicable to geopraphic location. Just like in real life.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #20
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

All we need is random weather, problem solved.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #21
MVP

mm boost's Arena

All we need is a perfect franchise mode with working IR, draft logic, trade logic, realistic injuries, competitive AI, weekly recap shows and spectacular presentation. Problem(s) solved.

Easier said than done.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2010, 03:57 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 25

Should have options for EVERYTHING whether in a chise or not...If i want to play in 4 str8 snow games (region specific of course) we should be able to.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:00 PM   #23
MVP

I would have voted yes if weather actually effected gameplay.
How about a weather effect slider ?
Old 12-02-2010, 09:10 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think we should have the option of either random or user selected weather for each offline franchise game. I hate to see Packers home games in mid December without any snow . Having the option would fix any and all complaints about franchise weather for good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »