Home

Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2010, 09:28 AM   #17
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Details, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrizzo380
ps3
special teams

the ai can return kicks!!! like fa'real!!! lol seems like they may have screw'd with the pursuit angles on punts/kickoffs a little too, i was getting decent returns, but it was still tuff and not as easy like it was prior to the patch
If this is true, I might have to go back and play it again. I just couldn't stand that if I'm playing against a guy like Devin Hester or Josh Cribs that I have no fear in them bringing it to the house. Special Teams is 1/3 of football and needs to be a factor.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:32 AM   #18

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Details, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
If this is true, I might have to go back and play it again. I just couldn't stand that if I'm playing against a guy like Devin Hester or Josh Cribs that I have no fear in them bringing it to the house. Special Teams is 1/3 of football and needs to be a factor.
and 1/3 that is 100% ignored in Madden. I have been complaining about this for years. I am going to go load up M11 with 1.05 and see if there is any difference.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:34 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I wouldn't say instant sack, but it either ends up in a sack or loss on the play due to how fast the defense goes through your front line. Defense isn't fooled by it at all.

Running from the shot gun is non existent.

The cpu offense can't execute a screen play to save their life it seems. Out of 20 attempts, the cpu only successfully did 2 of them. Their RB's and WR's drop the ball way too much on screen plays when they wide open.

Seen a couple of instances of the cpu RB cutting back to the middle of the field when he had a wide open space on the outside, but he cut back to the middle of the field where it was crowded.

Over all this patch is I don't know how to describe it. The cpu defense don't play smarter, they are just faster now, especially on running plays, they get to that ball carrier pretty darn quick like a heat seeking misslile.

So that aspect of it, yeah you won't be averaging 5 or more yards a carry, you will be lucky to get 1 now. Flats are and out routes are covered better.

But on the other hand the middle of the field is even more wide open and deep routes are open too. So if you can avoid that bersker rush the defense has, you can have an excellent passing day going deep and over the middle.

Am assuming you are not using sliders at all right? If so then it means nothing because this game or any sports game cannot be played without slider changes regardless of patch.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:38 AM   #20
Banned

Re: Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

To me with the sliders I had already, the game is very defensive oriented on both sides of the ball.

I have started to tweak a few sliders to get the correct balance but this is a very good patch.

I am trying to fix the pass blocking for humans, and improve the pass defense further for cpu defense.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:48 AM   #21
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
Am assuming you are not using sliders at all right? If so then it means nothing because this game or any sports game cannot be played without slider changes regardless of patch.
He's testing on All-Madden.

All-Pro, for me, enough time in the pocket, flats and outs are covered much better, I tried using Jennings over the middle on deep slants and sometimes he caught it and sometimes Urlacher was there to knock it down.

I'm loving the defense on All-Pro. I noticed I will need to up OL Blkg on human, and lower int's for both human and CPU.

Tighter coverages, folks. You really need your 2nd, 3rd and 4th reads.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 09:50 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
He's testing on All-Madden.

All-Pro, for me, enough time in the pocket, flats and outs are covered much better, I tried using Jennings over the middle on deep slants and sometimes he caught it and sometimes Urlacher was there to knock it down.

I'm loving the defense on All-Pro. I noticed I will need to up OL Blkg on human, and lower int's for both human and CPU.

Tighter coverages, folks. You really need your 2nd, 3rd and 4th reads.

That is weird, I tried the game with some All Pro sliders, and the game still is to easy on that level. I am able to throw streaks with ease and sacking the qb is not to hard at all. I just feel that All Pro regardless of sliders is just not meant for a challenge from the CPU.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:51 AM   #23
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20
just played a game against the cpu (no sliders/all pro) and liked what I was seeing. normally, when i play the cpu i am laid back (almost sleepy) as the computer generally makes so many mistakes that i really dont have to pay attention to the game to win. i just got beat by the cpu because i wasnt dialed in. i do wonder about how they accomplished this after reading what some people have posted about broken run plays and whatnot. i had no problem with time in the pocket, i actually like the extra pressure. i was able to touch brady which was a plus. good stuff.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:51 AM   #24
JVM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
I was very impressed with the sliders. I played on all-pro, 5 min quarters and won 20-10. Each RB got 5.0 YPC. Both QB's struggled in the snow. As someone mentioned before, the only thing I noticed that needs fixed is that quick pass audible doesn't work sometimes.
Is it only the quick pass audible?

Many have said running is more difficult, so seeing you get 5 yards per carry seems strange.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »