Home

Danny Woodhead

This is a discussion on Danny Woodhead within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2010, 03:04 PM   #1
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Danny Woodhead

By now I am sure many of us have heard of little Danny Woodhead. I only found out who he was by mistake when the Madden 11 came out this year. My friend is a Jets fan and we wanted a fast player to sub in for screen plays seeing how LT and S. Green are rather slow. We played with McKnight and Woodhead adn found Woodhead to be the better player.

Well, now that he is a Patriots and has been playing really, really well. A litteral role player. As a result, Donny Moore has given little Danny Woodhead quite a boost in his rating with the msot recent roster update. I don't have the game on right now, but he has something like 96 Ballcarrier vision on top of his already high 90's speed, acceleration, and agility along with his ellusiveness and juke [or was it spin?] Also, he has a catch rating of 80 right now. This player is a weapon in real life and in Madden.

Has anyone been using Little Danny Woodhead? Had him used against you?

I suggest you take a look at this guy for your franchise or Fantasy Draft Franchise. He often is selected in the 27th or 28th round, so he is easily a steal. If you don't draft him I have found the computer wants at least a 2ed round pick for him [he is a 79OVR.] Honestly, it's worth it in my opnion. There aren't that many/any other "Danny Woodheads" in Madden. Not "irreplaceable," but unique. Oh, and I got to say, he looks pretty good in Red and Gold in my franchise .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: Danny Woodhead

yup in every franchise i've done the pats never resign him and I always grab him after year one. He's deadly especially on those screen plays
Old 12-18-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I used him in an online franchise in Madden 10. MJD was injured for two games, and I signed Woodhead 'cause Rashad Jennings simply was not cutting it. Woodhead tore it up in his two games, posting ~200 yards on roughly 40 carries. It's been a pleasant surprise when I saw him break out this year with the Pats.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:44 PM   #4
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
He is always my 3rd down back on every team

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 12-18-2010, 08:57 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 29

this sucks, my current franchise is the only one i've done where I haven't signed him because originally I was working under a set of rules for acquiring players and he didn't fit within those rules. After reading this thread and realizing I had a real need for a player like him I went looking and he's no where to be found. I'm only in year 7 so I wouldn't think he'd retire because of age it must have been a serious injury or something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2010, 09:21 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm a huge patriots fan, and I've been using him consistently since the patriots destroyed the dolphins on Monday night football. In last years madden, Kevin Faulk was good for at least 50 rec and 450 yds a season. When I use danny, 50 rec 750 yds, and that was without the latest update. I'm loving it
Old 12-19-2010, 03:10 AM   #7
Rookie

kiz5's Arena

OVR: 3

He's better for draws, than screens, but still an absolute weapon. Also, because of his height and the Madden locomotion, he plays even faster.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:24 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-297745

lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »