Home

Morgan Burnett is missing

This is a discussion on Morgan Burnett is missing within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2010, 01:28 PM   #9
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Morgan Burnett is missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Whats really silly is their solution is to just give all NFL teams 2 extra roster slots...

So instead of a working IR, all teams in the game are 2 guys larger than they should be.

100% AGREE
GO GATORS

Old 12-30-2010, 09:04 PM   #10
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Whats really silly is their solution is to just give all NFL teams 2 extra roster slots...

So instead of a working IR, all teams in the game are 2 guys larger than they should be.
And then they force you to have a certain amount of some position. Some teams don't really have a FB, or only have 8 linemen.

The game needs a lot of work. Weight still mean nothing, they really need to add in upper and lower body strength, that way you have a need for 5+ DT's in a 4-3.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:11 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thumbs down Re: Morgan Burnett is missing

I'm pissed they took Adam Jones out of the game. He's always my Punt Returner
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2010, 12:39 PM   #12
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

My email to Donny earlier this year:

Quote:
Dear Donny,

I wonder why players such as Brandon Spikes [Suspended] and Kevin Faulk [injured] get taken out of the game as opposed to removed/lowered on the depth chart?

I think the short answer is roster space, and that removing these players who are not currently playing will save space. If this is the case I have to strongly disagree with this choice. It is very frustrating, as not only a fan of the team, but of certain players [I am a fan of Kevin Faulk] to see them removed from the game while there are 51 OVR "No picture available" Punters, kickers, etc. in the free agency.

This impacts any franchise I start with the new updated rosters, and is very frustrating.

Thank you for you time,
- PGaither84
His reply:

Quote:
Yup, it’s a tough call each week at this point in the season. Each team in the league has multiple players on IR, and in some cases it makes for a lot of tough judgment calls. Rest assured the final roster update of the year will reset all injuries and remove all players from the IR. Also means all of the most high profile players will be back on the rosters/depths.

For this one in particular, which two Patriots would you remove for Faulk and Spikes? Putting them on the FA roster is not an option because it means CPU teams can then go sign those players in FA. Of course, the alert player could go in, remove a few players from Pats, then go add Spikes and Faulk to Pats, but that is not something your average player is going to do. Instead, we get complaints from customer service about how the Jets always have Brandon Spikes on their roster in every franchise mode the guy starts up.

It is certainly a lose-lose situation at the moment. But have hope. J

Donny
Old 12-31-2010, 12:49 PM   #13
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Instead, we get complaints from customer service about how the Jets always have Brandon Spikes on their roster in every franchise mode the guy starts up.
The beauty of 32 team franchise. But then we start going round in circles with the whole average player does not want to spend as much time playing.. blah blah blah...

Nearly every solution you could come up with, would just lead you to another problem. Its frustrating...
Old 12-31-2010, 12:58 PM   #14
Rookie

TomBrady's Arena

OVR: 5

They could make the missing players FAs aswell as placed on the IR the first year. That way they would not get a team before the off-season free agency.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:17 PM   #15
Rookie

stp2081's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTurneR
The beauty of 32 team franchise. But then we start going round in circles with the whole average player does not want to spend as much time playing.. blah blah blah...

Nearly every solution you could come up with, would just lead you to another problem. Its frustrating...
But it's good to know who they consider to be their target audience. The email is very telling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2010, 02:34 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I hate the no picture available guys. I just wish Madden showed the actually video game rendition of the player instead of the "No picture available" or Ghost Head.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »