Home

Something to add in next years ownermode.

This is a discussion on Something to add in next years ownermode. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2003, 02:43 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56
Something to add in next years ownermode.

Something that i thin would be cool to add in next years ownermode, is the ability to change your stadiums surface to turf, grass, or fieldturf(grassy turf) and have it matter which one you have.

I.E - If you have turf players will sometimes trip or mess up or get injured by the turf(and maybe have players not play in games with turf because the risk of injurie), if you have grass it would be best to play with it injury free, if you have fieldturf(grassy turf) it will be better than turf and players will not complain that much about it than turf.

What do you guys think? i think it will be cool to add in next years ownermode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2003, 03:49 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Something to add in next years ownermode.

Something, where players voice their concerns about the team and stadium would be nice as well.
Old 08-22-2003, 07:37 AM   #3
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:

Makaveli said:
Something that i thin would be cool to add in next years ownermode, is the ability to change your stadiums surface to turf, grass, or fieldturf(grassy turf) and have it matter which one you have.

I.E - If you have turf players will sometimes trip or mess up or get injured by the turf(and maybe have players not play in games with turf because the risk of injurie), if you have grass it would be best to play with it injury free, if you have fieldturf(grassy turf) it will be better than turf and players will not complain that much about it than turf.

Old 08-22-2003, 09:08 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

bigeastbumrush said:
Quote:

Makaveli said:

I agree, good call...
Old 08-22-2003, 09:20 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Great Idea! Send it over to www.maddenwishlist.com. That's what i did with this suggestion:

Quote:

One good way to incorporate Practice mode into the Franchise mode is to have the practice be meaningful.

Practice mode could be used before a game against a specific opponent. For example if your next game is against the Giants, then your practice would be geared toward scoring on the Giants defense and defending against their offense. Your scout team (reserve players from the depth chart) would act as the opposing teams offense and defense. You should only be able to practice against a specific number of plays, not the entire playbook. This makes the practice focused on team tendencies instead of actual plays (similar to game planning in the NFL during the week). Also the practice should be built on accomplishing certain goals (like the Madden tutorial), this would help to add a practice feel instead of looking like an actual game. Both the offense and Defense should have certain goals to meet before practice is over.

By completing the practice your players get a boost in the Awareness catergory. So when you actually play the Giants, computer controlled members of your team react to certain tendencies; WRs break off their routes when they notice blitz, RBs stay in to chip block before releasing to the flats, DBs make better jumps on certain balls, LBs adjust to slant patterns, etc. The additional points should not produce an invincible team, but add awareness to your teams AI.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2003, 05:32 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Ill send it there right now, hopefully this one will make it
Old 08-22-2003, 05:47 PM   #7
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

Woo!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »