Home

Madden NFL 12 Video - Gameplay Sizzle

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Video - Gameplay Sizzle within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2011, 01:25 AM   #89
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 12 Video - Gameplay Sizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Every year all the people on this board go nuts over these teasers. While the game will have some good improvements, it is far too early to decide in either direction. The vids always look good because they show the replays, which are bigger, more detailed and generally more aesthetically pleasing than the actual gameplay. The animations need to be fluid and not jerky like they are now. NCAA seems to have nailed this so hopefully it will follow into Madden. I still don't see the procedural awareness. The "eyes in the back of the head" over shoulder catch still looks bad and the DBs are not looking for the ball while maintaining proximity with the receiver. Still, it's hard to tell completely from the vids. Nothing I've seen is mind blowing at all. It looks... good to ok. I still didn't see as many consecutive hit tackles, but there were some, and they look MUCH better than the hot garbage that was pro-tak.
Taz, the vids don't get me hyped that much. Believe it or not, it's all the blogs and info that floats around.

I'm sorry, but last year we had improved run blocking and game flow and strategy pad to look forward to.

After today, from what I've read, consecutive impact tackling, no more suction or warping, better zone coverages, wr shading, better ball physics, custom playbooks and better edge rushing.

I didn't even go into presentation.

You'll need to excuse me if I feel more excited about this years iteration vs. last years. There are reasons to feel skeptical, but there are sure darn good reasons to feel better than last year, don't you agree?
Old 04-29-2011, 01:38 AM   #90
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
The animations need to be fluid and not jerky like they are now. NCAA seems to have nailed this so hopefully it will follow into Madden.
How does NCAA look better? It has the same bad animations. I don't get why people say NCAA looks so much better than Madden.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-29-2011, 01:50 AM   #91
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Every year all the people on this board go nuts over these teasers. While the game will have some good improvements, it is far too early to decide in either direction. The vids always look good because they show the replays, which are bigger, more detailed and generally more aesthetically pleasing than the actual gameplay. The animations need to be fluid and not jerky like they are now. NCAA seems to have nailed this so hopefully it will follow into Madden. I still don't see the procedural awareness. The "eyes in the back of the head" over shoulder catch still looks bad and the DBs are not looking for the ball while maintaining proximity with the receiver. Still, it's hard to tell completely from the vids. Nothing I've seen is mind blowing at all. It looks... good to ok. I still didn't see as many consecutive hit tackles, but there were some, and they look MUCH better than the hot garbage that was pro-tak.
As someone that was marking time til the exclusive licensed was over during the hype for Madden 2006-2009, optimistic during the Madden 10 hype and became disinterested during the Madden 11 hype after the no franchise upgrade notice, I am actually "nuts" about Madden 12 already. I don't begrudge anyone that's not but the thought of me actually being able to ENJOY a next-gen NFL licensed football game, is exciting.

It's just a video game but football video games have consistently been a mental "escape" for me over the years. I guess some where along the line I became a habitual NFL gamer and this watered down version of football games we have had the last 6 years, has been providing a lower quality "NFL fix" every year. Finally with Madden 11, I couldn't stomach "force field tackles", bland franchise, lack luster presentation, bad defensive AI, suction and missing overall immersion, anymore. Now this year, even if all those things aren't perfect, at least I can SEE they are actually aggressively addressing them.

Look, I understand some people are withholding any accolades until next-gen Madden 12 proves it's where it should be by now and I respect that. However, some people are like me and are "nuts" about having a NFL video game they can actually enjoy again and not Madden hype virgins that are just prematurely celebrating all over some teaser.

Last edited by Thinking Out Loud; 04-29-2011 at 01:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2011, 02:00 AM   #92
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Madden NFL 12 Video - Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Better than what it's been but... the animation system is still way too stiff imo. Just doesn't look natural
I gotta agree. Like GI Joe figures being animated.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:28 AM   #93
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Taz, the vids don't get me hyped that much. Believe it or not, it's all the blogs and info that floats around.

I'm sorry, but last year we had improved run blocking and game flow and strategy pad to look forward to.

After today, from what I've read, consecutive impact tackling, no more suction or warping, better zone coverages, wr shading, better ball physics, custom playbooks and better edge rushing.

I didn't even go into presentation.

You'll need to excuse me if I feel more excited about this years iteration vs. last years. There are reasons to feel skeptical, but there are sure darn good reasons to feel better than last year, don't you agree?
I am very happy to see the right things being addressed. There is always a lot to innovate. Innovation doesn't always equate to "inventing" something. It means taking what's there and making it better. If you combine a lot of elements of football games over the years - Madden, 2k, Fever, Gameday, etc. - there are pieces from all of the games that can be built upon to make something truly great. The thing that is encouraging to me above all other things is that the team over there seems to have finally had the light go on. They are finally getting it that at the end of the day, we want to play football. The on field action and essence of the game is what matters most and it needs to be authentic down to the last detail. I'm not talking about socks, facemasks and elbow tape. I'm talking about capturing the essence of the sport. The contact, the positional battles, the blood, sweat and tears down on the field. If you don't get that right, then you don't have a football game at all. These are the things that have been neglected for far too long. It's great to see focus on many things with gameplay leading the way. Each release should be like this. Just because a lot of gameplay improvements might go into 12, doesn't mean you stop for 13. You push the envelope every year and add more and more, building on top of what you already have.

All that being said... The vids are nice and all, and things do look MUCH improved, but like the proverbial
Quote:
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me
says, we have to wait and see to find out what it's really like.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:25 AM   #94
Banned

OVR: 1

Wy is every player on Detroit Lions still wearing same sox? Wy calvin Johnson not wearing his double sox? Smh
Old 04-29-2011, 07:33 AM   #95
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burg006
Wy is every player on Detroit Lions still wearing same sox? Wy calvin Johnson not wearing his double sox? Smh
Seriously??

I mean, I am about as critical of Madden as anyone, but these are the types of things that I hope are last on their priority list. Too many important, fundamental things wrong to sweat these things yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2011, 08:02 AM   #96
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Madden NFL 12 Video - Gameplay

I might not have complained so much had the game actually looked like this since 09. I would have never felt the need to join any of the forums to voice my opinions; which were categorized as "nit picking". I'll reserve any excitement till I get to see for myself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »