Home

Does Madden Get The Bull Rushing Animations Too?

This is a discussion on Does Madden Get The Bull Rushing Animations Too? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2011, 11:09 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Does Madden Get The Bull Rushing Animations Too?

Probably they will
Old 05-06-2011, 11:55 AM   #10
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

I think they will, but I sure hope EA does not try and release this as something special as NCAA has already stole the thunder on this one.

Meaning I hope Madden Devs don't release a video and try to act like it has never been in a football game before...Just put it in the game and move on.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 05-06-2011, 12:05 PM   #11
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
I sure hope they don't use the same mo-cap talent.
I'm sure those dudes are only doing what they're told. Someone needs to instruct them to act with MUCH more effort. Running over an o-lineman like that would take a nice burst off the line.

Maybe... hopefully they were only showing the "highlight" type bull rush.

With the exception of the new tackle animations, all of Madden's animations need more effort. Sprinting, engagement scenarios, ect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2011, 12:14 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

My question would be if its in Madden do I get to choose when to bull rush and when to swim move etc... Like we used to be able to or are the Dline moves still decided for me ? (same question for NCAA).
Old 05-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #13
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
My question would be if its in Madden do I get to choose when to bull rush and when to swim move etc... Like we used to be able to or are the Dline moves still decided for me ? (same question for NCAA).
I think we could choose between finese and power last year. They seem to be giving us more to do on defense, so hopefully we have more controll this year.

I hated last year's method!
Old 05-06-2011, 12:26 PM   #14
Banned

Koach Vonner's Arena

OVR: 0

I sure hope they don't have that Bull Rush in Madden. You never see NFL guys get run over like that. They get driven back into the QB and that cause the pocket to shrink. But not flat on their butt!!

How come 2K uses REAL PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES in their Mo-Cap and EA uses those UN-ATHLETIC YAHOOS? In NBA 2K11 you get so many different animations. Some are so good it's hard for me to believe it's in the game. Those Diving Catches and Bull Rush were just plain hideous and almost laughable.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:09 PM   #15
MVP

BezO's Arena

My understanding is that they use local college athletes. I don't think that's the problem.

I think the problem is, they're acting. There's a script. Instead of telling the d-lineman to bull rush and the o-lineman to fall over, they should tell the d-lineman to TRY and bull rush and have the o-lineman TRY to block. Record the results.

This way, you get the struggle that we're not seeing... the d-lineman would actually have to fire off the ball and the o-lineman would brace himself. Ther'd inevitably be some struggle involved. And if you don't get certain animations, have one of the actors let up a LITTLE. But the scripted results are killing the animations. They're unrealistic and lack effort.

I wonder how they got those new tackle animations. Do THAT with ALL engaged player animations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2011, 02:13 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koach Vonner
I sure hope they don't have that Bull Rush in Madden. You never see NFL guys get run over like that. They get driven back into the QB and that cause the pocket to shrink. But not flat on their butt!!

How come 2K uses REAL PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES in their Mo-Cap and EA uses those UN-ATHLETIC YAHOOS? In NBA 2K11 you get so many different animations. Some are so good it's hard for me to believe it's in the game. Those Diving Catches and Bull Rush were just plain hideous and almost laughable.
For things like bull-rushing, I don't think NFL teams would go for that. Throwing, running, and catching animations aren't as risky. It might be a better idea for them to include stunt men. The guys they showed looked like interns. Also, I think the animations overall would be better if they just got some ex football players and let the battle for position, see who wins, and capture things like that.

They could also set up situations where one actor is over-matched, so domination animations looks more authentic.

Last edited by LiquorLogic; 05-06-2011 at 02:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »