Home

Madden NFL 12 Hands-On Impressions (LeagueManager)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Hands-On Impressions (LeagueManager) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2011, 03:15 PM   #145
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Madden NFL 12 Hands-On Impressions (LeagueManager)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Just a heads up script:

You are free to do this yourself. If you need help from someone on staff, feel free to PM them.

Just don't do it and not follow through... ya know?
yessir... trust me, i wanna go back and visit EA Tiburon again, hopefully they will have me. And yes of course I would follow through.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2011, 03:24 PM   #146
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptOhio
Sorry CHooe, I know the answer but not sure if I can say
As much as I have enjoyed your actual answers, I am even more encouraged by the one's you can't. LOL

I really get the impression that Player Traits/Tendencies, most be a huge part of multiple areas of Madden 12. There is nothing else I can think of that would tie into individual players behaviors, like coverage technique and intro celebrations.

Another question. For NCAA 12, a Gameinformer article confirmed that a, "...new approach pays more attention to context in determining what you see and hear as well. Crowds sweel as the ball is in the air, bigger crowds, sound larger and even player celebrations scale according to the quarter or if you're playing a rival. Highlight montages run at the end of the quarter, or analysts may break down the tape if your QB has thrown too many interceptions. This new contexual approach should help in more accurately telling the story for each game...".

Did you notice any or all of this in Madden 12? Also, something I read suggested having a big passing day in the rain could be a recognized accomplishment for a storyline in NCAA 12 which would imply weather affects the passing game. Did you play any bad weather games and notice any adverse affects to QB play besides slipping?
Old 05-21-2011, 03:37 PM   #147
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking Out Loud
As much as I have enjoyed your actual answers, I am even more encouraged by the one's you can't. LOL

I really get the impression that Player Traits/Tendencies, most be a huge part of multiple areas of Madden 12. There is nothing else I can think of that would tie into individual players behaviors, like coverage technique and intro celebrations.

Another question. For NCAA 12, a Gameinformer article confirmed that a, "...new approach pays more attention to context in determining what you see and hear as well. Crowds sweel as the ball is in the air, bigger crowds, sound larger and even player celebrations scale according to the quarter or if you're playing a rival. Highlight montages run at the end of the quarter, or analysts may break down the tape if your QB has thrown too many interceptions. This new contexual approach should help in more accurately telling the story for each game...".

Did you notice any or all of this in Madden 12? Also, something I read suggested having a big passing day in the rain could be a recognized accomplishment for a storyline in NCAA 12 which would imply weather affects the passing game. Did you play any bad weather games and notice any adverse affects to QB play besides slipping?
I did not notice much if any of it in Madden 12 other than the weather effects (i spent most of the time with the volume down since we also had developers in the room talking to us while we were playing and testing. That and there was also 11 other people playing at the same time in a small room. i played several games in the heavy snow and rain and noticed a big difference in player speed as well as cutting and ball handling.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:38 PM   #148
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

*Can the CPU Successfully Punt inside the 20 and not shank it every time the ball is inside the 50?????

*Will the CPU attempt Realistic FGs....and not constantly try and kick a 55+ Yarder

*Will more/variety of penalties be called

*Can you set special formations/packages outside of a game??

.....What I mean is, in 11, if you played a Play Now game...everytime you did, you'd have to go in and change the formation subs again.....can we do this outside of the game and have it so those personnel packages we create always load up when we pick that team???

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 05-21-2011, 03:42 PM   #149
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Since I haven't played the game in over a week, and there has probably been 5 or 6 complete updates since I left... I would venture to say I don't know of any. I can say that since all 8 issues I brought to the dev team while I was there got fixed while I was there. Now whether or jot those fixes caused other problems... I am not sure. I will see the next time I go down there. This blog wasn't about the game being flawless, it is about the areas that really impressed me and how the game is head and shoulders above any previous gen version.
what were those 8 issues?
Old 05-21-2011, 03:43 PM   #150
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
No game is EVER going to satisfy 100% of the consumer focus group. The fact is that most of the things people have asked for are in the game. The absolute fact of the matter is that this game blows Madden 11 away, to the point where I can no longer play Madden 11. The bad thing is that no matter what they do, there will always a group on here that nit picks everything and claims the game is unplayable due to something like "one shoestring is longer than the other" for example. It's not about awesome sauce.... It's about having confidence in the product based on factual information and hands on play testing.
i judge madden based on other sports games. even some of the ea devs have said that their competition is from other games in the sports market. and while they've made huge strides this year, it still appears that they're about one more year behind. that being said, i am really liking what ncaa has on offer this year. seems their dynasty mode is a little more to my liking with news updates and things of this nature.

i really do want an nfl game to play though. so if the game play is truly up to par this year, i will get the game regardless of franchise mode still seeming to lack any real personality. play now with a friend is what i prefer. but franchise is the place i go when there isn't someone to play with. and the lag fest that is madden online is a no go every time. i don't think they use dedicated servers because every game i've ever played of it online was terrible.

but the main point is that without any check marks in the cons column, i just can't take your impressions seriously. no offense, but that's just how it is.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:46 PM   #151
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
i judge madden based on other games. even some of the ea devs have said that their competition is from other games in the sports market. and while they've made huge strides this year, it still appears that they're about one more year behind. that being said, i am really liking what ncaa has on offer this year. seems their dynasty mode is a little more to my liking with news updates and things of this nature.

i really do want an nfl game to play though. so if the game play is truly up to par this year, i will get the game regardless of franchise mode still seeming to lack any real personality. play now with a friend is what i prefer. but franchise is the place i go when there isn't someone to play with. and the lag fest that is madden online is a no go every time. i don't think they use dedicated servers because every game i've ever played of it online was terrible.

but the main point is that without any check marks in the cons column, i just can't take your impressions seriously. no offense, but that's just how it is.
I understand completely, but like I said previously... this is a blog dedicated to the main additions that impressed me the most... nothing else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2011, 03:47 PM   #152
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
what were those 8 issues?
Those 8 issues are no longer issues since they are now all fixed... nothing game breaking or really worth noting to be honest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »