Home

Why are people so sensitive and personally invested?

This is a discussion on Why are people so sensitive and personally invested? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2011, 01:10 AM   #137
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Why are people so sensitive and personally invested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking Out Loud
That went over my head.
Lol, what thread did adembroski post that quote in your sig? I think it's funny since he's on the dev team now
Old 06-11-2011, 01:11 AM   #138
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
That went over my head.
Dayman is short. So they give him a bad time. It is all in fun and most of the ones that joke about it do it in love.

And I am pumped for this game!
Old 06-11-2011, 01:13 AM   #139
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
We're not. I just have to remember that my "sense of humor" can come across other ways when typed out. Like I am sure BKrich83 can't be as big of a tool as those posts make it seem. LOL.
Ehhl.. I've been called worse by better people.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:44 AM   #140
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
I also used to be that angry football gamer when 06 and 07 came out. After that Didn't have very high expectations. I had some fun with 09 and 10, but they were lacking for sure. I didn't even buy 11, and for the first time I was cool with it. I just moved on. No anger or disappointment at all.

Even when I was angry and disappointed with the state of the game I wasn't hate posting and making ridiculous 30 minute youtube videos slamming the devs.

Now I just enjoy game. Life is to short to have so much hate and anger towards a damn video game. I don't get a game and spend hours upon hours trying to analyze every little flaw. Like OH NOZ the ball warped through the DB's finger tips it should have been tipped away. Yeah ok maybe, but come on man. Is it really that big of a deal.

I think to many people expect Madden to be perfect. Hence some of the ridiculous complaints. I also think some people expect a whole new game every year. Its not gonna happen. Maybe next gen, but not before.

I think the bottom line is, (And I really hate this phrase) But it is what it is.
I don't think it's that people expect a perfect game, it's that people want a good game. A lot of people feel like EA has failed to produce one with Madden for whatever reason.

Madden is in the "unfortunate" position of being the only company to produce an NFL game and it just happens to be the most popular sport that moves the most video game units. (soccer moves more worldwide but talking about the US specifically.) They get everyone's demands heaped on them and since people want different things there's no way they'll be able to satisfy everyone. You get some people asking for better gameplay, some asking for better presentation, some asking for graphics. I think the sum of all this looks like people expecting perfection when it isn't really the case. They have a lot of pressure, but it just comes with the territory. I also believe EA does some things that hurt their cause and only add fuel to the fire.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:48 AM   #141
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yea, I've seen much worse. I thought he was just joking around myself.

My humble opinion is that if we're trying to get people to take Madden's exclusivity less seriously, we should also extend that to humorous jabs on this board too. It makes things less stuffy ,lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2011, 01:54 AM   #142
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Ehhl.. I've been called worse by better people.
Yes you have. Any way I think we need some more videos. The gang is getting restless.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:55 AM   #143
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nab_Impervious_XII
Yea, I've seen much worse. I thought he was just joking around myself.

My humble opinion is that if we're trying to get people to take Madden's exclusivity less seriously, we should also extend that to humorous jabs on this board too. It makes things less stuffy ,lol.
That's not why he was banned.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:14 AM   #144
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Can we get back on topic? I'm tired of having to close my own threads....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »