Home

question about online

This is a discussion on question about online within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9
Question question about online

I dont know and im sure it has been asked, but do we get to use draft classes in the online franchise??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2011, 01:49 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: question about online

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
I dont know and im sure it has been asked, but do we get to use draft classes in the online franchise??
Hasn't been revealed yet
Old 06-22-2011, 01:51 PM   #3
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

alright thanks, That is a big for me lol, because there are like 10 of my friends that all want to do a franchise like we do in NCAA but we need those draft classes to actually know who we are picking up. If its in it is a must have for me, and if its not then well i might not be getting it.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptOhio
Hasn't been revealed yet
Actually I thought that it had been revealed.
My understanding is that the draft classes are going to be random names, positions etc. This ensures that no two draft classes are the same.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:33 PM   #5
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr8Train
My understanding is that the draft classes are going to be random names, positions etc. This ensures that no two draft classes are the same.
I'm pretty sure what he's referring to is our NCAA Draft Classes, not the ones that are automatically generated by Madden.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr8Train

Thats for offline franchise. They haven't released any specs for online franchise yet.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:09 PM   #7
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
I'm pretty sure what he's referring to is our NCAA Draft Classes, not the ones that are automatically generated by Madden.
yea this is correct, sorry for not making myself clear
Old 06-23-2011, 10:57 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl34v4g3
Thats for offline franchise. They haven't released any specs for online franchise yet.

That is correct. They have made no info available yet about ONLINE Franchise. We will have to wait and see what we the final product will feature.

The ability to Import NCAA Draft Classes would be really nice. It would be much better than the predetermined draft classes we are currently getting and every coach knows exactly who is who.

NCAA Online Dynasty seems to do a very good job generating recruits each season randomly. We are 20+ seasons deep in our Online Dynasty now and I can rarely remember seeing the same recruits name twice. Not to mention they accurately pronounce those names (and mine) in the game.

I also love to edit everything. But right now, I would be willing to settle on just finally having a salary cap and free agency.

Custom Scheduling for non division games (ala NCAA Online Dynasty) would be great too.

It takes literally several seasons to play someone if they are not in your division. That is way too long especially if you have a smaller number of coaches but still want to play them once a season.

They way it works in Madden Online Franchise currently is like the real NFL where you play your 3 division opponents twice a season but then rotate the rest of the league basically 2 different divisions each season. Being that there are 8 total divisions in the NFL it takes anywhere from 3 to 4 seasons (depending on the conference) to rotate back around to the same team.

So, if I am the Patriots (AFC) and you are the Falcons (NFC), I will probably only play you once every 4 seasons, barring a SuperBowl appearance.

Let's say its just the 2 of us in the Franchise, that is way too long to wait to matchup and makes it much less fun. I want to play the user coaches every season if possible without having to be in the same division.

So, Custom Schedules would be a huge addition and make it more functional.

Last edited by aksumite; 06-23-2011 at 11:06 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »