Home

Madden RosterShare??

This is a discussion on Madden RosterShare?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2011, 12:27 AM   #9
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Madden RosterShare??

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaW97
i hate when people say that "lockers" in madden would cause people not to buy it.
NBA 2k and NCAA Football have "lockers" and people still buy them every year
Do you have a plausible reason as to why Madden doesn't have it? You can hate all you want, but it is the most plausible reason I can see.

As far as people buying them every year, yes there are. But there are also people who don't buy every year. Many people on OS have said they buy Madden one year and NCAA the next.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:42 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
Do you have a plausible reason as to why Madden doesn't have it? You can hate all you want, but it is the most plausible reason I can see.

As far as people buying them every year, yes there are. But there are also people who don't buy every year. Many people on OS have said they buy Madden one year and NCAA the next.
im not hating anything. Im jus sayin that lockers dont stop people from buying other games yearly.

i think there are enough casual gamers and madden addicts who will buy madden every year regardless.

lockers or not, i know im buying madden yearly because thats jus the pickle im in. i almost feel like its un-american to not be in line to buy madden every 4th week of august.

lockers would just give me more options,it wouldnt stop me from gettin the new madden and the new gimmick feature which may or not work.

madden 10 and madden 11 are almost the same to me. but i would still have to buy 11 because i want to play wit gameflow and gameplans. so lockers wouldnt have prevented me from buying 11.

lockers wouldnt prevent me from buying 12 because i want to play with the new franchise options and DPP.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:05 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

The problem is that they have an exclusive license. No competition. No drive. Every other sports game (even some made by EA) have outclassed Madden in nearly every aspect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 10:28 AM   #12
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo6911
The problem is that they have an exclusive license. No competition. No drive. Every other sports game (even some made by EA) have outclassed Madden in nearly every aspect.

I agree not having competition is a problem for us the consumer because they can take the approach of not letting us customize the rosters and share them the way you can with other games. You have to buy the next game to get different rosters and they can milk us for every game they can sell. I think the two points, yours and mine, are related in that sense.

I do disagree with the no drive. I think it has to do with a lack of proper direction. Franchise mode this year(year and a half development as well as the entire Head Coach game which I believe was a minor league testing ground for this step) and presentation/commentary(which I put in because of the year and half dev. time and will be done next year) are indications of drive that is properly channeled. Or maybe they had lacked drive and now it is back. But I do see drive now.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:56 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
I think it has to do with a lack of proper direction. Franchise mode this year(year and a half development as well as the entire Head Coach game which I believe was a minor league testing ground for this step)
I guess I can agree with that. We had a fully function "Owner Mode" on the PS2 that worked pretty well. If they had stuck to what they had and expanded it, there is no telling what the game might be like.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:40 PM   #14
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo6911
I guess I can agree with that. We had a fully function "Owner Mode" on the PS2 that worked pretty well. If they had stuck to what they had and expanded it, there is no telling what the game might be like.

There was a big step back going to PS3 as far as options like that goes no question. I know some people like owner mode but me, I could care less how much a hot dog costs or what people pay to park. I like the direction they are headed with franchise now.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:57 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

2k shuts their servers off after the newest game comes out so you can't download any new rosters after then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 02:59 PM   #16
Rookie

brettmickey's Arena

OVR: 0

Oh baby. Playing with the Bills of the early 90's and getting revenge on all of the Super Bowl losses would be hard to beat. Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith, Darryl Talley, I could just go on and on...
It would feel so different than playing with such a mediocre team like I do now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »