Home

Whats Your favorite and worst madden?

This is a discussion on Whats Your favorite and worst madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 1
Madden 07 (ps2) tied with madden 12- my thing is couch Co op and team creation. Madden 07 was to me when Madden was in its prime! Madden 12 was probably the closest to a ps2 madden in terms of customization and franchise which I loved! Game play desired a little more work but I could live with it because stats were realistic, tackle stats worked, and so on.

Worst madden - every next Gen madden up to madden 11 - stale gameplay stats didn't work, franchise was stale, hated the player training mini game, horrible.

Most disappointing - madden 13 - hard to say it I'd the worst considering previous madden games but this one is pretty bad. Sure somethings are nice and looking at the long term for the game I can see the progress but to me I have been waiting for a true next Gen madden since 07 and foe them to have a great base franchise and overall game to build upon in madden 12, it shocked me that they would scrap everything in order to basically start over and redesign the series giving us a 3 year window for a complete game. How bogus! We have been waiting almost 5 years for a true madden and now , when you had a good game in madden 12 to build upon you wanna take 3 more years??? Cmon man!
Old 10-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #74
Rookie

cubsfan128's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Whats Your favorite and worst madden?

I'm seeing a lot of people say worst is Madden 08. Are you guys talking about PS3, PS2, or Both? Thanks

What was the difference between PS2 Madden 07 and 08? I played the PS3 versions of them so I missed out on ps2

Last edited by cubsfan128; 10-13-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:14 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan128
I'm seeing a lot of people say worst is Madden 08. Are you guys talking about PS3, PS2, or Both? Thanks

What was the difference between PS2 Madden 07 and 08? I played the PS3 versions of them so I missed out on ps2
I was talking about the ps3 version of 08. Bad frame rates.

But both versions were stripped down pieces of crap.

Ps2 versions were pretty much identical to all past versions, minus the Tony Bruno radio show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 18

Favorite

PlayStation 2 / Xbox: Madden 05
PlayStation 3 / Xbox 360: Madden 10 (I loved Ian Cummings direction with player momentum, presentation, etc. To bad the vocal group at the time want twitch unrealistic movement)

Worst

For me it would probably go to Madden 08 and 09 for the Playstation 3 / Xbox 360.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #77
Rookie

cubsfan128's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I was talking about the ps3 version of 08. Bad frame rates.

But both versions were stripped down pieces of crap.

Ps2 versions were pretty much identical to all past versions, minus the Tony Bruno radio show.
How about the franchise mode for 08? I'm thinking of picking it up again for the ps2.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:30 PM   #78
Banned

bodank82's Arena

OVR: 3

Favorite was Madden 2006. I loved the quarterback vision. I remember playing frequently.

Least Favorite was madden 2012. I liked the idea of full rosters, but without a practice squad afterwards it was pointless. Also the rosters got polluted with fake players. When automatic cuts were made to CPU teams they would leave only 2 mlb's on the roster.

I also got obsessed with realistic rosters last year. In part because the gameplay was dull to me. I like this years a lot better, even with players randomly falling down.

Also, I remember playing 2008 on xbox360 for the first time after playing it on Gamecube. I thought the game got a lot worse. I started a franchise mode with friends. We didn't last even 2 weeks.

Last edited by bodank82; 10-13-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:29 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan128
How about the franchise mode for 08? I'm thinking of picking it up again for the ps2.

See if this helps...(not mine, BTW)

Last edited by Segagendude; 10-13-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:43 AM   #80
Rookie

cubsfan128's Arena

One last question about Madden 07. Is it worth it to play out the preseason? Does it effect progression?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »