Home

Madden NFL 12 Rookie Ratings: Top Quarterbacks

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Rookie Ratings: Top Quarterbacks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2011, 04:21 PM   #33
Rookie

gohogsfan14's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 12 Rookie Ratings: Top Quarterbacks

I mean i know im biased but a player with an assault charge and 3 failed drug tests on his record went in the first round and a guy who stole laptops and had a shady college career went #1 overall...but mallett slipped to the 3rd. i dont really get it.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:47 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

They need a new person in charge of ratings...
Old 07-23-2011, 04:55 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amaizen Blue
How is McEllroy last on that list? And Colin Kaep higher than Ryan Mallet? Oh well, they're all close together, just makes me SMH though.
Just my .02, but I'd be surprised if McEllroy is on an NFL roster this year.
I'm a bit of a draft nut and I didn't see anything that demonstrated he had the physical tools to be even a backup QB.

I do agree though with those that are high on Mallett. To me he was also the best QB available. I'd go as far as to say, that if you were simply looking at physical tools and production, he may have been the best QB that's been available the past few years. Every game he makes a few throws that possibly no one else on the planet can make.
That being said, it is tricky......since the question marks with Mallett (which could be legitimate) are related to attitude and mental attributes. So I can see how that would be tough to balance and account for.....I think EA just went the safe route giving him the lower OVR rating.

Tough to complain too much. As I really thought all these guys were "projects" in one form or another and the overall ratings do reflect that, with no one cracking 80.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 05:15 PM   #36
Rookie

thank god we can just edit this entire list.
I plan to make
Cam- 65 F
Locker- 75 A
Gabbert- 72 B
Ponder- 71 A
Dalton- 70 B
Kapernick- 68 B
Mallet- 73 A
Stanzi- 65 C
Yates- 65 C
Mcelroy- 67 B
Old 07-23-2011, 05:18 PM   #37
Banned

This is what I don't like about Madden ratings, how big is a college football field? Now how big is an NFL football field? Why does arm power decrease coming into the NFL? That doesn't happen IRL, I can understand things like awareness and footwork (that should be an attribute, QB footwork , e.g., footwork in the pocket. It makes a LOT more sense that reducing throw power) and I understand reducing ratings, but this is NOT realistic at all.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:29 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYfanatic
thank god we can just edit this entire list.
I plan to make
Cam- 65 F
Locker- 75 A
Gabbert- 72 B
Ponder- 71 A
Dalton- 70 B
Kapernick- 68 B
Mallet- 73 A
Stanzi- 65 C
Yates- 65 C
Mcelroy- 67 B
Although I agree Cam Nitwit should be an F potential, do you really think there are THREE A potential QB's in this draft? I mean there should truly only be 6-9 A potential QB's in the league right now.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #39
Banned

R0M0mentum09's Arena

Everybody in this thread is sleeping on Ponder! No only is he in a great situation he's one of the most NFL ready QB's in this draft. . . Ponder will be the best QB out of this draft class. . . mark my words!
Old 07-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #40
Banned

belucheez's Arena

So those Quarterbacks ranked 2-5 worked hard their entire college career while that guy ranked #1 played one good year and he is ranked higher then them...

Sorry I just don't see the logic. I don't know if Madden has a consistency rating or not, but I would call his year at Auburn a fluke year until he comes out wins rookie of the year. Trust me, I want him to prove me wrong, I like the guy skills but I just don't think he should be ranked any bit higher then Jake Locker or anyone else in the 2-5 range. It is my opinion obviously so take it as you will. If I get madden, I'm changing his ranking though. Also I'm changing his # if it is set a 2 in the game. That is Clausen's number.

(Before you say anything, yes i'm mad.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »